Complaint Review: Eldorado Resorts Corporation

• Updated: Tue, July 31, 2012

• Reported By: Robbob — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA
Eldorado Resorts Corporation
9940 S Las Vegas BLVD Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Eldorado Resorts Corporation Grandview Las Vegas Trapped, Manipulated and Mislead in a high pressure Sales environment that used profiling to sell us a worthless timeshare. Las Vegas, Nevada

I have read many of the other reports and I have also talked to a lawyer about breaking my contract with the Grandview. It does not look good unless we file a class action suit against them. Their unethical sales techniques are going to be hard to prove unless we have a large number of victims come forward with similar stories to ours. After trying to deal with RCI and the Grandview I basically got what I paid for a very expensive fixed week at the Grandview each year.

My Story

I tried to avoid them all week while I was in Vegas, October of 2008, but they finally got us and reeled us in using profiling. We received $200 of casino play and a couple of buffets for 8 hours of our time. My wife is Filipino and convientely all of our Sales staff, except for the closer, were Filipino and they spoke the same dialect. Most of the conversation outside of the sales pitch was all foreign to me but this made my wife comfortable with them so she convinced me. We refused several offers and discounts until we finally agreed to give it a try. After 8 hours it felt like we were never going to get out of there unless we agreed to something. What finally sold me was the idea of trading my week through RCI to go to other places. They promissed us two free extra vacations a year and a cruise to the Bahamas with our new RCI Membership. We agreed to a trianual fixed week ownership in the early spring. Therefore trading my week sounded great until you try to go somewhere else or redeem the extra vacations. Nothing is ever available when you want to go somewhere and the hidden costs / black out dates on the cruise were ridicules. Therefore the perks were not worth the paper they were printed on. I can't even give the timeshare away so I never felt more ripped off. We basically got nothing for our time and money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2011 01:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eldorado-Resorts-Corporation/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89183/Eldorado-Resorts-Corporation-Grandview-Las-Vegas-Trapped-Manipulated-and-Mislead-in-a-hig-724876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eldorado Resorts Corporation