Complaint Review: Electra Auto Sales

• Reported By: Oscar — Woonsocket Rhode Island
Electra Auto Sales
26 Putnam Pike Internet United States of America

Electra Auto Sales Used Car Sales, Internet

On 2/15/2013 i purchased a car form Joe at Electra Auto for the amount of 14,495.00. It was a car they just got in.When we went there we didn't see any cars that we liked. So they knew they they had just gotten this 08 Honda accord that was getting serviced that my wife was open to take a look at. So they brought it to us it was in the desired mileage that we were looking for. We drove it. Liked it and purchased it. The car had just gotten an inspection sticker from being serviced and we were to take it back to get detailed cause it wasn't even on inventory when we bought it.

We made an appointment with them the following week to get it detailed and this is when i had a few complaints with the car that i wanted to be addressed. Upon start up when car is cold it does what is known as in the TSB 09-010 from Honda VTC acuator rattle or (cold start rattle). I told them about this issue and the whine the car make constantly. Both problems i was told are normal Honda noises and i shouldn't worry about them. As I began my investigation on the TSB issue i called Joe again. I told him he needs to look at it.

He told me the mechanic never heard any sounds, I told him because when i dropped it off to you, the mechanic never seen the car cold. So i brought it to the mechanic shop so they can have it overnight and see it cold in the morning. Again he called me and said they never heard anything. This is when i started realizing they they don't care. So Joe told me to come pick up car and when i do car should be cold and one of his fellow employees can see hear it happen. So i went to pick up car and before i started it i got one of his employees so they can hear it. He heard it he said it sounded like a fan. So once again the car is back at the mechanics a few days later.

The mechanic had it for a few days and once again there is nothing wrong it's normal. The excuse i got is that when the oil drops its going to do that its normal. A week later I called Joe. I told him i got the car looked that and what the problem is. I told him i bought the car like this and they knew about the issue the whole time and didn't want to fix it. He basically told me that the car is under warranty. To file a claim with the warranty company. At no time tell the warranty company about this cause they will not cover it. I told Joe this is not a warranty issue. This is an Electra Issue. He made sure he stated to me numerous times to not tell the company it was like that that is just started happening. I told him i couldn't do that.

When i set up to put a claim it costed 1050.00, with 550 coming from my pocket. I called the warranty company and told them the issue and i filed a claim with the BBB. Hope noone goes back there!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 02:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Electra-Auto-Sales/internet/Electra-Auto-Sales-Used-Car-Sales-Internet-1045737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Electra Auto Sales