Complaint Review: ElectroLondon

• Updated: Mon, November 28, 2011

• Reported By: Aspidistra — Bellevue Kentucky United States of America
ElectroLondon
34th West 120th Street Internet United States of America

ElectroLondon Electro Professional looking website, requests profile, asks for Western Union payment after "unsuccessful" credit card processing. Internet

This is a very professional looking website. I was sucked in by a 27" Imac for almost $1000 less. Yes, should have known. Anyhow, the website appears complete, has contact information, requests you make a user account, etc. It looks authentic in every detail, all the way through the checkout process. It's only upon getting a order verification email that things start looking phishy... This is straight from the email:

"Unfortunately your order was not successful as we have a technical problem with our credit card payments processor.

Your credit card was not charged.

The credit card processor will be back online on 1st of January. We are signing a new contract with PayPal as a credit card processor.

During this period we are able to receive payments by Western Union Money in Minutes transfer. You will also get an additional 5% discount to cover the transfer fee.

You may reply to this email in order to send you the necessary detailed payment instructions or cancel the order.

Please note that we can not guarantee the availability and price of your item until the credit card processor is back online (we are prioritizing the customers who use Western Union).

BuySafeOnline.org Certified

If you need to contact Customer Service please visit this page: Contact us

www.electrolondon.com"

I called the support line and got a recording for what sounded like another company. I found very little information on the internet about this site, but I'm 99% sure it's a scam. I canceled my credit card immediately and changed all my user information on their site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2011 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ElectroLondon/internet/ElectroLondon-Electro-Professional-looking-website-requests-profile-asks-for-Western-Uni-802432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ElectroLondon