brick

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: JRod — Miami Florida United States of America
ElectroMart
11401 NW 12 Street, Suite # 146 Miami, Florida United States of America

ElectroMart An unethical company, just trying to abuse tourists and consumers by ripping them off with cheats and lies Miami, Florida

*Consumer Comment: ElectroMart ripoff Store

*Author of original report: Location update

I entered the store looking for IP cameras.  They showed me a model and told me it costed 600 dollars, but if I bought the kit (according to them 2 cameras), they were willing to offer me a price of 800 dollars for both.  They claimed it was the best price.

First lie (I found out later), there is no kit comprising of two cameras.  A kit is one individual camera with its installation accessories.  Since I needed the cameras, I bought them.  They had an almost invisible sign stating that they don't allow refunds, but I was never told before hand.

After the purchase they wanted to sell me a digital projector, and they wanted to sell it bad.  They showed me a false Amazon page stating that the projector costed 5 thousand dollars, and that they were giving me a bargain, one thousand dollars.  They didn't want to let me go without buying it and that's where I started felling uncomfortable. [continued below]....
.....  I left almost running.

Then I looked in other places, both online and onsite, and found out that the cameras I had just purchased costed no more than 90 dollars a piece.  It was a huge ripoff so I went back to the store asking for a refund.  Just then, they showed me the almost hidden no refund sign, and the invoice displayed it as well, of course all conveniently known after the purchase.

They were willing to exchange the brand of the cameras, and then the second ripoff came.  The second brand, although recommended by someone I know, were marked at a less price than the original price, 100 dollars for both.  I asked for the difference on some other product, and another lie, they said the system showed the same price although I later realized they can adjust the discount rate manually, they just gave me less "discount".

There was nothing I can do, I felt helpless.  Even so they insisted that I buy the digital projector for a thousand dollars.  These people are electronic store gangsters.  I ended up being overcharged for more than 600 dollars, and they didn't care about it.  Their store their rules they said.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ElectroMart/Miami-Florida-33172/ElectroMart-An-unethical-company-just-trying-to-abuse-tourists-and-consumers-by-ripping-1000820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ElectroMart

ElectroMart ripoff Store

AUTHOR: floridaresident - ()

I Also wants to comment about this Store. ElectroMart are very dishonest people. They ripoff my father in law because he came to the states and he could not speak english Nor Spanish. He is fro Russia. long story short the guy grab his phone change the memory card for him and my father in law said 8? And the guy was like 80 dollars. Can you believed that 80 dollars for an 8gb micro sd card. be aware for this Store.

Location update

AUTHOR: JRod - (United States of America)

This store is located at Dolphin Mall in Miami. I know they own two electronic stores at the same mall. Do not buy from them! They will only try to steal your hard earned cash!