Complaint Review: Electrolux Major Appliances

• Updated: Fri, January 24, 2014

• Reported By: dapsrr — Brooklyn New York
Electrolux Major Appliances
PO Box 212237 Augusta, Georgia USA

ELECTROLUX / FRIGIDAIRE Major Appliances ELECTROLUX / FRIGIDAIRE Home Products ELECTROLUX / FRIGIDAIRE products are DANGEROUS! Also, They WON'T HONOR THE WARRANTY Augusta Georgia

*Author of original report: Either you didn't read my post or you work for Electrolux

*General Comment: warrenty

*Consumer Comment: While I'm sure this was disappointing...

STAY AWAY FROM FRIGIDAIRE ELECROLUX ON YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!

I purchased a dryer on 3/22/09 but I purchased an extended warranty contract from Elecrolux that expires on 9/30/14. On Christmas Day 12/25/13 (thank G-d I was home) a FIRE STARTED INSIDE MY DRYER. We contacted a local service center authorized by Elecrolux who visited our home. The service man told us that he's never seen anything like this, saying "you should pressure Electrolux to have this unit replaced, not repaired".

We'll not only won't Electrolux not replace it, they won't repair it either. They say that the fire isn't covered under the contractual agreement because it was a lint fire. I am not a technician, but I know that I followed the manufacturers guidelines for properly using and caring for the dryer. We emptied the lint catcher after every use, and had a cleaning service (Rescue Washer & Dryer) come by once a year to clean the vent and dryer.

I've been without a dryer for a month now, and cannot afford to have the dryer repaired or replaced. I'm appalled by their unwillingness to honor their agreement. I spend allot of money on the dryer and on the extended service agreement. I've spoken to two managers in their warranty department who were unwilling to even compromise with me. I first spoke with Kendra several weeks. I asked her if I could send her the receipts proving that I had my vents cleaned. She said I could try to send those to her and the case would go to review. I've searched through many receipts but if I have them I can't find them.  I highly doubt they would have honored it even if I was able to find the reciepts.

I spoke to another manager Kayla today 1/24/14. After realizing how difficult they were being and unwilling to honor the agreement or even try to help me. I asked Kayla to please at least send me the part (which cost them nothing) so that I could try to repair it myself. She was extremely rude, telling me not to beg her to help me since she won't. This company will NOT HONOR any warranty agreement and their products are dangerous!

STAY AWAY FROM FRIGIDAIRE ELECROLUX ON YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Electrolux-Major-Appliances/Augusta-Georgia-30907/ELECTROLUX-FRIGIDAIRE-Major-Appliances-ELECTROLUX-FRIGIDAIRE-Home-Products-ELECTROLUX-1118166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Electrolux Major Appliances

Either you didn't read my post or you work for Electrolux

AUTHOR: dapsrr - ()

A) There was no lint! The service technician that discovered the damage told us so. We have images to prove it.

B) The service company we used for clean or machine and vent.

C) even if it says a lint fire (which it wasn't) there is no mention of that under the warranty terms of agreement.

#2 General Comment

warrenty

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Its unfortunate for you but they can ONLY go by the terms and conditions of the warrenty you purchased. As this was a lint fire, then unless lint fire is covered by your warrenty all the calling in the world isnt going to make them budge. YOU have made an assumption as to what is covered by your warrenty. That was your biggest mistake. ALWAYS read what your warrenty covers. It doesnt matter what you are TOLD, the only thing they have to do LEGALLY is follow the terms. Are you 100% sure the "rescue" service actually removed internal lint?? When I had my dryer serviced they pulled a ton of lint out of the bottom of the dryer. Maybe you just had more then normal lint build up.

While I'm sure this was disappointing...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Please point out the specific Law(s) they broke, The only thing that might have been illegal is if they hired you and put you to work BEFORE doing the check.  They caught their mistake and rectified it.

Also were you totally honest with them?  Did you accurately and COMPLETELY fill out the app?

What did they find in your background/CDL that caused them to withdraw the offer?

I just don't see the Ripoff.

No, I don't work for them.