- Report: #927805
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Electronic Payment Systems, LLC
Electronic Payment Systems, LLC6472 S Quebec St Englewood, Colorado United States of America
Electronic Payment Systems, LLC EPS; EPS-NA LLC; EPS-90; Conversion Services; conversionservices.com; eps-na.com; averysmartmove.com REVIEW OF SCAM, DON'T FALL FOR IT!!! Englewood, Colorado
*Consumer Comment: EPS Great Company! Highly Recommend
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Also sold under "Conversion Services" and "conversionservices.com" and "averysmartmove.com"
This company will try to convince you that their great "No Credit Check 90 Day Financing" program will double your sales. It's supposed to guarantee the checks for the merchant. Don't fall for it unless you enjoy the following...
1. Entering a non-cancellable, non-refundable lease for the equipment they say you must have, which is standard equipment that over the 4 year lease will cost over $8,000 for equipment that's not worth over $800! The lease is through "Ladco Leasing." An EPS salesman stated on the web that $2,500 to $3,000 of this goes to the salesman who signs you up and then leaves, never to contact you again (they also get residuals). No wonder the lease can't be cancelled. [continued below]....
2. "Guaranteed checks" that they refuse to pay on unless their collection agency gets the money from the customer. What's guaranteed about that? Remind me again why I paid them a percentage of every check so they would guarantee I'll be paid?
3. Every time there's a mistake, whether it's a machine error or something they mess up, it's up to you to prove that they messed up. They will prove nothing, and they won't fix or admit anything if YOU can't prove it. Once you do prove it, often they will lose the paperwork. Or give you one of 25 Standard Excuses. Good luck getting any money out of them, even if it was their mistake in the first place, and even if you prove they charged you wrongly.
4. Not only is the equipment lease non-cancellable, but good luck getting out of your EPS-90 agreement too. There's a clause hidden in your contract that says if you don't give them 30 days (Now 90 Days!!!) written notice before your 1-Year anniversary date, you'll be automatically renewed for another year and the only way out is to pay the $35 monthly fee times how many months you have remaining!!
4b. But if you do give them 30 days written notice like I did, good luck getting them to honor it. I faxed it over, and confirmed on the phone with a customer service agent that she received it. Of course they skipped a month, and then started charging me the $35 monthly fee and $85 annual fee again. When I called them about it, they said they had no record of my cancellation request!!
5. When I later switched my credit card processing to another provider (found a good one at FeeFighters.com), I called EPS to cancel my processing with them. I made the mistake of telling the receptionist that I wanted to cancel; I should have just asked for Customer Service. Anyway, I was put on endless hold. After 16 minutes I hung up and called back, and asked the receptionist if that's a normal wait time. She stammered around that they just got a high call volume, and then said she would try again. Guess what? In 2 seconds I was talking to someone! (By the way, that has happened to me quite a few times. It's not accidental. Just took me a while to put 2 and 2 together.)
6. Spent over 4 hours per month on the phone with them, for over a year, to try to get things fixed that they messed up. Do you have time for that? Didn't think so...I don't either.
7. These people are masters at figuring out exactly what you can't prove, and they use that to their advantage. Also, every time they pull something incorrectly from your account, you have to send a copy of your bank statement to prove it. Which they will probably lose. But why wouldn't a financial services company have records of the money they pulled from your account?
8. Be wary of any company that's a processor for Merrick Bank. Merrick's reputation online isn't good, and they're the bank behind Electronic Payment Systems.
I've moved on, but I wanted to get this warning out there for other folks tempted to go with them. I wish this warning had been available when I signed up. Trust me on this, you can't trust anything these guys say. I've been lied to so often it's ridiculous. They'll promise the moon and give you nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them will try to refute what I'm saying, but I'm telling you the truth. You can sign up with them if you like, but it's at your own risk. I've never seen such a bad scam, especially from people in the financial services industry!
For anyone reading this who works for Electronic Payment Systems, I have the following advice:
1. Reputation follows actions. Don't try to fix the reputation without fixing the actions.
2. Learn to care about your customers a little bit. If you want business, find out what your customers want and don't want, and change your actions accordingly.
3. Figure out what honesty means to the rest of the world. It's not whatever you want it to be.
For those of you still involved with this company, the following advice should be helpful:
1. File a complaint with the BBB. I wish I would have.
2. Keep careful records of everything, and have them fax or email a written confirmation of documents they received from you. If it's not in writing, they don't care what they've said.
3. Their staff has a fast change-over, but here's the latest contact info I have. Contact one of these people if customer service aren't helping you.
(Don't abuse this information. Be courteous with them, but don't take no for an answer.)
Michael Peterson, Risk Manager (In charge of chargebacks, bounced checks, etc.)
P: 1-800-863-5995 ext. 3120; F: 720-208-2563; E: mpeterson -at- eps-na.com
Samuel Hartley, Check Services Director (In charge of EPS-90)
P: 1-800-863-5995 ext. 4202; F: 720-358-3107; E: shartley -at- eps-na.com
Amy Diehl, Customer Service Manager
P: 1-800-863-5995 ext. 5001; F: 303-952-3155; E: amy.diehl -at- eps-na.com
John Dorsey, President/CEO
E: jdorsey -at- eps-na.com
Tom McCann, Partner and Managing Member
E: tmccann -at- eps-na.com
Anthony Maley, COO
E: amaley -at- eps-na.com
Electronic Payment Systems, LLC
6472 S Quebec St
Englewood, CO 80111
Electronic Payment Systems
200 East South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84111-1205
15575 N. 79th PLACE
SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85260
EPS is a registered ISO/MSP of Merrick Bank, South Jordan, Utah
And one more question: I wonder if they think the rest of the business world operates like them?
Keywords: averysmartmove.com scam, ConversionServices.com review, EPS-90 scam, EPS review, Electronic Payment Systems scam, eps-na.com review.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2012 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Electronic-Payment-Systems-LLC/Englewood-Colorado-80111/Electronic-Payment-Systems-LLC-EPS-EPS-NA-LLC-EPS-90-Conversion-Services-conversions-927805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)