Complaint Review: Elephant Insurance Texas

Elephant Insurance Texas Elephant Insurance Scam!!!!!! Internet

*General Comment: ...

*Consumer Comment: Uninformed

*Consumer Comment: minor insurance

Went online to get a liability quote only for my daughter which is 17. Filled out all information correctly and verified all the information was correct including her birth date. Had my wife added to the quote which is 40. The quote came back at 51.75 down, 38.00 a month. So went back and verified again because I thought the quote was too cheap for a minor. It came back with the same pricing and they even verified her DL# that she was 17. So we went ahead and purchased the policy. Low and behold when we got the documents and as we were reading through them they put my daughter and wife both down as 40 years old, had my wife listed as a full time high school student. Called customer service and to make them look up all the information. They said I submitted my daughter as a 40 year old but they could not tell me what birth date they had listed for her. Scam...Scam!!!!...They guy ask what her correct birthday was and I told him he has it because it was on the quote I submitted..he could not find it. So I gave him her birth date and he update the information and would take affect at midnight tonight and tried to hang up. I stopped him and told him we are not doing anything until he tells us what the new premium amount would be..then he told us told hold on for a few minutes...he came back on and kinda hesitated and said yes the premium  went up a little.....$200.00 down and over 125.00 a month...I said HELL no....You system quoted me with all the correct information and verified all the information, SS#'s and both DL#'s and y'all changed it to send out a lower quote and just figured we would not look at the documents and turn around and hit us later with a higher premium. I canceled the policy and demanded a full refund and the the Supervisor Cynthia said they could not do a full refund and they would have to prorate for a day, even though it was less than 24hrs......STAY AWAY OR NEVER USE THEIR WEBSITE FOR A QUOTE!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elephant-Insurance-Texas/internet/Elephant-Insurance-Texas-Elephant-Insurance-Scam-Internet-884051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elephant Insurance Texas

#1 General Comment

...

AUTHOR: dimegirl - (USA)

Everyone i know does it this way as long as the car is in the parents name.The insurance in the parents name works every time-he has got pulled over 2 times for a non moving violation- and used it went to get his registration-and used it and everything else you have to do that insurance is required and has never had a problem.

I have 3 cars insured with Elephant for only $65.00 bucks-but i do have a perfect driving record for the last 10 years.

Uninformed

AUTHOR: TheMrs - (United States of America)

I'm sorry, but you're clearly uninformed. Texas requires ALL drivers to carry auto insurance with a 30/60 minimum with no age restrictions. A quick "Google" of the question "Do you have to insure teens in Texas" will set you straight.

minor insurance

AUTHOR: dimegirl - (USA)

You know in the state of Texas you don't have to add your teen until they get a ticket.As long as the car is in your name and it is insured you are OK! Most people don't know that...