Complaint Review: Elephant Structures

• Updated: Thu, December 05, 2013

• Reported By: Bruce Potter — New Bern North Carolina
Elephant Structures
1600 Stokes St, Hwy 268 West, Wilkesboro, NC 28697 Boone, North Carolina USA

Elephant Structures and Metal Steel Structuress Ripoff Elephant Structures Boone North Carolina

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! Elephant Structures does unprofessional construction. I has a 30'x40' metal bldg installed and workmenship was totally unacceptable. I was informed it would be errected in 1 1/2 days and it took almost 12 days. Tubing installed was to short, after being cut to incorrect lengths. All exterior metal was not square and where metal overlaps doesn't fit correctly. Finally, stopped roof installation and returned roof metal to Elephant Structures. Took, 3 weeks for two man workcrew to return to install new roof and finish bldg.  I helped install insullation, because they where one man short. I  helped hold insullation because wind was blowing. In one corner insulation  sags and insullation did not go far enough over both  ends end walls and now  light come through cracks around upper roof edge on the inside.  Crew didn't install all anchor bolts as required in drawings. Header for garage roll up doors were incorrect and had to be modified during construction. I ordered 10'x10' doors and they are to short. Doors should be 11' high x 10' wide. Using 10'x10' doors  leaves a big gap between upper door frame and top of rollup door. I was told by Darrel at Elephant Structures that these rollup door where correct and, if I wanted the gap sealed, I would have to purhase seals myself. For what I paid for this bldg , door seals  should have been included. I asked to get these doors replaced or returned to get my money back. I was told that would not happen. Also, roof sags between peak of roof to outer edge. I was told that it would be fixed, but workcrew didn't know how or just didn't want to correct the problem. I ordered a electric garge door opener and got fustrated, that I finally told them that I woud do t it myself. Of all the metal bldg dealer, I think I choose the worst one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2013 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elephant-Structures/Boone-North-Carolina/Elephant-Structures-and-Metal-Steel-Structuress-Ripoff-Elephant-Structures-Boone-North-Ca-1104745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elephant Structures