Complaint Review: Elephant Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, March 31, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2005

• Reported By:Cherry Hill New Jersey
Elephant Wireless
120 McGraw Drive Edison, New Jersey U.S.A.

Elephant Wireless E-club Marketing Fraudulent Cell Phone Insurance Scam Edison New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: Cingular Wireless is willing to help

The reason I signed up with E-club Marketing Inc. or Elephant Wireless was that it was supposed to have provided insurance for my cell phone in case it was lost or stolen. I have since come to find out that this service and this company is a scam.

I have tried numerous ways of canceling this service. First I tried calling Cingular Wireless, but they said this company is outside of their domain and that I would have to contact Elephant Wireless directly.

Next I called all three numbers for Elephant Wireless (609.275.5122, 732.244.6135 & 201.420.5420). The first number is disconnected and the second and third numbers just ring and nobody or nothing picks up.

Finally I tried their web-site elephantwireless.com, but the site is under construction and always has been.

I am in the process of disputing Elephant Wireless's charges with my credit card company. I am also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL SCAM! DON'T GET MIXED UP WITH THEM!

Lindenwold, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2005 12:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elephant-Wireless/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/Elephant-Wireless-E-club-Marketing-Fraudulent-Cell-Phone-Insurance-Scam-Edison-New-Jersey-137002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elephant Wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Cingular Wireless is willing to help

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

Actually got in touch with Elephant Wireless earlier today after playing cat and mouse game for several months. It was hard getting in touch with an actual representative, because the first time I tried their phone system hung up on me. The second time I tried, I had an unusually long wait time.

Finally a representative, Elizabeth Bart (877-728-7829), pulled up my account and credited back the $ on my credit card and closed my account. She denied everything I said to her about the fact that the company she works for is fraudulent. I gave her numerous pieces of evidence backing up everything I said, but still she denied it and said to take it up with a lawyer.

Called Cingular Wireless again today to report the bad business practice of Elephant Wireless. The representative said this was not the first complaint they received on behalf of Elephant Wireless. He also told me Cingular Wireless cancelled their licensing contract with Elephant Wireless because of their bad business practicing. He gave me the contact information for Cingular's Northeast Regional Manager who handles legalities such as this one:

Alexa Kaufman
7855 Walker Dr.
Greenbelt, MD 20774
T: 301.489.3610
F: 301.489.3026
E: alexa.kaufman@cingular.com

I called Alexa and explained the situation. She said this was not the first time she has heard complaints concerning the illegal practices of Elephant Wireless, which is why Cingular cancelled their contact with them. I said this was a good start, but what about all the other people who were taken advantage of while Cingular maintained their relationship with Elephant. She agreed something needed to be done, so she asked me to email her a summary of my situation. I emailed her today.

Finally I sent an email to SHAME ON YOU with Arnold Diaz on NY's Channel 2. This program hunts down and exposes illegitimate companies.

I urge the rest of you to do as I have done, especially by contacting Alexa Kaufman!!!!

Cingular will do something about this if they receive enough complaints and know we will not be taken advantage of.