Complaint Review: Elexrolux Warranty Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, February 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, February 02, 2005

• Reported By:Ontario California
Elexrolux Warranty Corporation
electrolux.com Augusta, Georgia U.S.A.

Elexrolux Warranty Corporation - Frigidare Company Ripoff Failure to honor Service Contract Augusta Georgia

I purchased a service contract on a refrigerator paying for two years of coverage in full in March of 2003. The contact started on 08/09/2003. This was through the Electrolux Warranty Corporation. I submitted a claim and it was denied by the company stating that I had not paid the premium in full and the contract was cancelled.

After further discussion the person handling the matter stated they had charged me incorrectly and that I owed approximately $13. I stated that I never received another bill nor had I received a notice of cancellation, which is stated on their contract as a requirement of cancellation. The employee stated that there was nothing she could do for me. I asked for my money back. Where upon she stated that I must send in the policy and request that it be canceled. I replied that this did not make much sense considering they canceled the policy. I offered to pay the balance due but she said that she could not accept the payment to reinstate the contract but did offer to sell me a new one.

The new contract of course would not cover the repair work done. I also had notified the person that I had had repairs done on the refrigerator, which they paid for. She said she understood and felt that I was right but could do nothing to help me as her supervisor would not approve such an action. I ask to speak to the supervisor but was denied for various reasons. She did take my name and number and stated she would ask the supervisor to call me and also stated that she herself would call me back with further information.

Now I owe the repair company and am out the price of the contract. There is a section on the contract that reads, updated with old price but I do not know what it means. When I received the contract they did not ask for additional payment not at any time notify me that the policy was cancelled which stated it could be canceled by either party only after a 15 day notice. No notice was given. I am so tired of being ripped-off and intend to pursue this one to the bitter end.

Gilbert
Ontario, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2005 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elexrolux-Warranty-Corporation/Augusta-Georgia-30907/Elexrolux-Warranty-Corporation-Frigidare-Company-Ripoff-Failure-to-honor-Service-Contrac-129890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elexrolux Warranty Corporation