Complaint Review: Elgordo Loteria Primitiva

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Elgordo Loteria Primitiva
Plaza De Colone 104 Madrid, Other Spain

Elgordo Loteria Primitiva ripoff Madrid Spain

"AWARD CLAIM FINAL NOTIFICATION This is to inform you on the the release of the EL-GORDO SWEEPSTAKE LOTTERY PROGRAM held on the 20th of May 2004. Your name attached to ticket number 025-11-464-992-750 with serial number 2113-05 drew the lucky numbers...which won the lottery in the 3rd category...You have been approved for a lump sum of USD 615,810.00 ..."

Sounds familiar? Despite my pessimestic disbelief I dialed the number on the letter and asked to speak to the claims agent, Luis Pablo who did not have a true spanish accent. The whole conversation didn't make sense and I decided to do a net search. Not to my surprise I found the exact same information in my letter reported by others.

The concerning part of the story is that I was in Spain this past spring but wasn't sure if the touring company or any of the hotels may have entered our names in such lottery programs without our knowledge.

In the end, I'm glad I trusted my gut instinct and did the net search. The world is full of theives and nothing comes for free in the mail. Do not be fooled and certainly do NOT give your banking information to strangers claiming they have fake "goodies" stashed away in your name!

Goli
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2004 03:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elgordo-Loteria-Primitiva/Madrid-Other/Elgordo-Loteria-Primitiva-ripoff-Madrid-Spain-103816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elgordo Loteria Primitiva