Complaint Review: Elite Couriers

• Submitted: Tue, March 01, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 01, 2011

• Reported By: Sandy — Roswell New Mexico United States of America
Elite Couriers
Farm Road Taplow Berks SL6 0PT, United Kingdom Internet United States of America

Elite Couriers Scam e-mail with PCH headding, winner , Internet

Received multiple e-mails with heading PCH saying I was a million dollar winner, asking for full name, address, phone number, country, state, sex , race and giving the winning number.
Got a follow up email from Elite Couriers, Farm Road Taplow Berks SL6 0PT, United Kingdom with the name Mr. royjoseph, (no caps or spaces).
It gave a phone number of 447024056639 and an e-mail: replyelite customer.care@xnmsn.cn with the e-mail usa.pchonline@xnmsw.org.com.
The text asked for full name, phone number, address, country, state, sex, age, occupation, winning number, e-mail ticket number and the name Mrs. Margaret Crossan, Claims Officer.
This was followed by the winning ticket number 1400 and the e-mail ticket number ETN 9091176.
In the text it also mentioned how appreciative I should be to PCH for this contest and should let them know. THEN it stated I would have to pay the small amount for postage as they could not take it from the winnings to send it. That was the tip off.
I must admit it seemed quite authentic at first, and gave me a bit of a rush, since I was laid off 2 years ago in May, when my job was outsourced to Mexico and our company shut down.
I find it quite low for someone to be able to do this, especially from another country. It is quite cruel with our economy in the mess is it in, and takes some real low-lifes to take advantage of such a situation. If I was PCH and they are legitimate, I would think they would want details and take action against such individuals or groups. It can't be good for their reputation.
It was a letdown when I realized it was probably a scam and there should be a way to stop them from being able to send e-mails which, I assume, are fraudulently obtained.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2011 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elite-Couriers/internet/Elite-Couriers-Scam-e-mail-with-PCH-headding-winner-Internet-701368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elite Couriers