Complaint Review: Elite Fitness For Women

• Submitted: Tue, February 25, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, February 25, 2003

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
Elite Fitness For Women
7120 E Indian School Rd Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Elite Fitness For Women Rip-off denying they received my personally delivered cancellation within three days of signup It was 2 days after I signed up Refuse to refund my deposit Scottsdale Arizona

I signed up for an annual gym membership with this company. I knew, per the contract, I had three days by which to cancel if I changed my mind. I signed up on January 20th, and went personallly back to the gym on the 22nd, sat down in front of Priscilla Barker, the membership counselor who sold me the membership, and handed her my handwritten letter of cancellation. Priscilla promised me that within 30 days, I should receive my money back.

Three weeks later, I called back because I had not yet been issued a refund. Now I am told they do not have any proof that I cancelled within the three day time frame, and that I may also be liable for the full year of payments!

They are blatently lying! I handwrote the letter, was in their gym physically when I did it. Now I am being scammed out of money that is rightfully mine.

Furthermore, all interaction with this company's representatives have been negative. Even the owner is rude, inconsiderate, and is lying also to get out of refunding my money.

I am writing this in hopes that others do not get scammed by this company. Be sure to cancel via registered mail, because I didn't, and now I am possibly paying hundreds of dollars for it.

Tammy
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2003 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elite-Fitness-For-Women/Scottsdale-Arizona-85251/Elite-Fitness-For-Women-Rip-off-denying-they-received-my-personally-delivered-cancellation-46939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elite Fitness For Women