cast

• Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: angela — Waco Texas
Elite Home Security
495 West University Prkway Orem, Utah United States of America

Elite Home Security ADT Security Service A young man came to the door of my home, he stated his name and said he was with my security system company, and he and his crew were here to update my system. I ask why the name difference. I had AP Orem, Utah

A young man, came to the door, he stated he was here to update my security system.  When I asked why there was a difference in the name of his company, and the company I was already being secured by he stated that APX Home Security Systems no longer existed.  He stated that ADT Security Systems had bought them out and they would be servicing my contract for security. I agreed.

It has taken me almost a year to figure out that I was having 2 companies deduct almost the exact amount of money of my bank account each month.

Now the problem is that I tried to cancel ADT, first they said I would owe them for 2 years of unused service.  Then come to find out, I still owe Elite for the first year, for the installation of the updated equipment, but that is just the start of the problem. Montronics is the monitoring system I was paying to monitor my home thru APX, I have a 5 yr contract with them. They say that they cannot use ADT's equipment to Monitor my home, and would have to reinstall their own equipment.

I would like to make everyone aware that ADT are Liers and used Elite services to enable their lie.

Please be aware of companies who would lie, cheat, and steal your hard earned money to line their pockets. Shame on ADT, and Elite Home Security Systems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elite-Home-Security/Orem-Utah-84058/Elite-Home-Security-ADT-Security-Service-A-young-man-came-to-the-door-of-my-home-he-state-1042527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elite Home Security