Complaint Review: Elite Home Security

Elite Home Security
495 West University Parkway Orem, Utah United States of America

Elite Home Security These people are scam and ripoff artists Orem, Utah

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CEO

I was approached by an individual who was going door to door to sell ADT home security products.  I believed that he was honest because he indicated that he just finished his Mormon mission; he sat me down and talked at great lengths about it.  He then indicated that the service would be $47/month.  At that point, I told him that the price was too high.  He then asked, "How does $7/month sound?  I thought that was much more reasonable.  He then told me that all I had to do was register with www.monthlygiftcards.com.  If I spent $100 on gas and $100 on food at one place, in my situation Costco, I would get $40 back, which meant I was actually paying $7 a month.  I trusted this young man because he was a "Christian."  He had me convinced that his mission trip meant something, and I easily spend that much at Costco anyway.  But after the installation--the installer was quite the opposite, a former Mormon and a carouser and "tail chaser" whose wife, a Jehovah's Witness, in Sacramento was leaving him, I went to do the Monthly Gift Cards deal, and they only gave me one rebate (The installer, by the way, also told me that he felt the Mormon church was a sham and that all ADT door-to-door salesmen are straight from the "bogus" mission trip.  All the other rebates have been "Pending" since last August).  When I called them, they (actually, just the manager) said I should have canceled the service within the first three days.  They said they had nothing to do with Monthly Gift Cards.  They also said that they were not doing that promotion as often as before because of similar complaints.  When I asked them about their bait and switch tactics, they denied that the were doing that.  When I asked about the Mormon testimony, they said they were Mormon, but that should be a reason I bought anything from them.  When I asked why they were still doing the promotion, they said they were cutting down on it.  I guess I can't trust Mormons from ADT.  As a Christian, I ignored all of the rants about this denomination being a cult, but I have to reconsider this cultic organization now.  Really sad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2011 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elite-Home-Security/Orem-Utah-84058/Elite-Home-Security-These-people-are-scam-and-ripoff-artists-Orem-Utah-804619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elite Home Security

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CEO

AUTHOR: Ben - (United States of America)

The company listed in the above complaint is not Elite Home Security of South Jordan, UT. They are Elite Security Solutions of Orem, UT. Elite Home Security is in no way affiliated with them or ADT. Please change the name listed on the complaint so our consumers are not confused.