Complaint Review: Elite motors inc

• Reported By: Mommyof2 — Hazleton Pennsylvania United States of America
Elite motors inc
1349 highway 315 Plains, Pennsylvania United States of America

Elite motors inc Rip off. Lied. Stole. Tricked and cheated Plains, Pennsylvania

*General Comment: Too bad you don't need a licence to have a kid.

*Consumer Comment: Are you sure?

*Consumer Comment: Good luck in court

*Author of original report: I did not get it in writing.

*Consumer Comment: Important point.

I paid 2000 cash for my car. Exactly one month later the rear differential went on it. They will not fix anything. Thry kept the car for a whole week without repairing it. And lied and told me it was fixed. A few days later ther same problem returned. the car is parked. I cant drive it. Now I have to removed my kids from headstart because im 9 months pregnant and cant walk them.! The salesman told me he will not help me. And told me to kill myself before he hung up.! Dont deal with them. Check their stats and reviews before you buy anything from these jerks. Their BBB.OrG rating is a F..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elite-motors-inc/Plains-Pennsylvania-18702/Elite-motors-inc-Rip-off-Lied-Stole-Tricked-and-cheated-Plains-Pennsylvania-946069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elite motors inc

#1 General Comment

Too bad you don't need a licence to have a kid.

AUTHOR: lois griffin - (United States of America)

Look, you bought the car "As Is". That means they don't have to tell you a thing period. If you were to stupid to bring it to a mechanic before you bought it, that is your fault. You have 0 chance of winning in court. I suggest you have someone help you with finances and quit have babies.

Are you sure?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"  This was my first time. I didnt get anything regarding the warranty in writing. But it was not "As Is".  "

If you don't have a written warranty, by default you bought the car "as is".   Part of the standard paperwork for buying a used car without a warranty is the Federal Trade Commission "Buyer's Guide" sheet (which should have been displayed on the window before you bought the car).   It states that you are buying the car with the knowledge that it has no warranty.   The seller is required to give you the buyers guide as part of the car's paperwork and almost dealers will have you sign or initial a copy for their records.  If they didn't do this, that would be a violation of FTC rules and could help you in court.    If they do have a copy that was signed or initialed by you, then you're out of luck.

In the future, you should know that if you do not get something in writing from the seller, it's not going to happen.

Best of luck.

Good luck in court

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"documents from mechanics telling how the dealers knew the car was in this condition before selling it"

A mechanic cannot testify as to what someone else knew. The mechanic can only give a testimony as to the condition of the car when he evaluated it.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes in court.

I did not get it in writing.

AUTHOR: Mommyof2 - (United States of America)

So that was my stupidity. I never bought a car before. This was my first time. I didnt get anything regarding the warranty in writing. But it was not "As Is". I am taking them to court since I have all receipts and paperwork from them. As well as documents from mechanics telling how the dealers knew the car was in this condition before selling it. If they would have told me something was wrong with it. I would not have bought it since I cant afford to fix it and I have a child in school, whom I have to walk everyday now, and im 9 months pregnant. So I did file a complaint with the courts. Its just sad that I wasted my last bit of money on a lemon.

Important point.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" I paid 2000 cash for my car. Exactly one month later the rear differential went on it.  "

If the car was sold "as is" as most used cars are, they're not obligated to fix anything after you drive away.    If the dealer gave you a written warranty with this car, what does it say?   How long does it last and what does it cover?   If it is a powertrain warranty, the rear differential should qualify.

Bottom line, if the dealer breached a written warranty, you can take them to small claims court and get your money back.

" Their BBB.OrG rating is a F "

Not much help if you buy first and check them out later.