Complaint Review: Elizabeth Yah - United Family Circulation

• Submitted: Tue, June 23, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 23, 2009

• Reported By:N/A Maryland
Elizabeth Yah - United Family Circulation
303 W Shadburn Ave # 100 Buford, Georgia U.S.A.

Elizabeth Yah - United Family Circulation Fraudulent Donation Buford Georgia Elizabeth Yah & her infamous "study-abroad in Cambridge, England" magazine fund-raiser N/A Maryland

Nearly identical to another rip-off report, someone came to my door claiming to be Elizabeth Yah. She indicated she lived in the neighborhood and was trying to raise money to go on a term abroad in Cambridge, England. To help, I could either purchase a magazine subscription for myself or purchase a subscription and donate it to a charity of my choice.

Although I typically know better, I ended up giving her a check for $48 (made out to United Family Circulation, Inc.) for a 2 year subscription to one of the magazines.

After she left I went straight to my computer, looked up United Family Circulation and found all of the very similar rip-off reports. I have since put a stop-payment order on the check, which the bank will charge me $30 for. Sadly I'd rather have $30 go to my bank than $48 to some fraudulent scheme!

Live and learn. Hopefully others will avoid the same trap.

Anonymous
N/A, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2009 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elizabeth-Yah-United-Family-Circulation/Buford-Georgia-30518/Elizabeth-Yah-United-Family-Circulation-Fraudulent-Donation-Buford-Georgia-Elizabeth-Yah-464274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elizabeth Yah - United Family Circulation