Complaint Review: Elk Grove Ford

• Submitted: Mon, July 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:elk grove California
Elk Grove Ford
9645 Auto Center Dr. Elk Grove, California U.S.A.

Elk Grove Ford Ripped off by Elk Grove Ford, Wynn Corp and Ford Motor Company! Elk Grove California

*Consumer Comment: Out of luck

I purchased a Fusion in April '08 went on vacation and when I came home the dealership went out of business. Along with an extended warranty, I purchased the Wynn's oil change program @ $1000.00. No other dealership will honor this. I've contacted FoMoCo, Wynn Corp. and both told me "Sorry, theres nothing we can do." I was told by the representive at Wynn's that they have received numerous calls about this but cannot help anyone.
I've tried to contact Elk Grove Ford via e-mail and phone to no avail. What a total rip off. I feel Fords should be responsible for this some how.

Susan
elk grove, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elk-Grove-Ford/Elk-Grove-California-95758/Elk-Grove-Ford-Ripped-off-by-Elk-Grove-Ford-Wynn-Corp-and-Ford-Motor-Company-Elk-Grove-C-350969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elk Grove Ford

Out of luck

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

This is not a Ford Motor Company issue. It really stinks that the dealership went out of business so soon after your purchase. Since they are gone, I doubt there is much if any recourse you can take, but there is nothing Ford Motor Company can do. It sounds like you bought the oil change package from the dealership through the third party Wynn Corp., not the manufacturer. I am actually surprised Wynn Corp couldn't transfer your policy to another participating Ford dealership in your area (if there is one that uses Wynn Corp). Also, I would contact the extended warranty company and see if you can transfer that to another participating Ford dealership.

I hope at least the extended warranty is transferable.

Good luck,