Complaint Review: Ellis HomeSource

• Submitted: Tue, September 20, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: ME — Garland Texas United States of America
Ellis HomeSource
6230 N.Beltline Rd ste318 Irving Texas 75063 Irving, Texas United States of America

Ellis HomeSource Ellis Consulting Rented a foreclosed home to my family!! Irving, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Facts Are Incorrect

I rented a home from this company in Oct. Paid rent each and every month on time. I started getting letters left on the front door warning me the house was in foreclosure. Everytime I called Ellis Homesource the office person would tell me not to worry disregard the letters.

My family woke one morning to a constable banging on the front door to serve court papers. Once again called and told Ellis what just happened. Was told again not to worry. My family and I were told to be out in 5 days!!I have been told that the people we rent from cannot charge rent for a house they no longer own.

So I have been fighting back and forth trying to get my family's money back. Not only for the 2months we paid rent for a house they no longer owned but also to get our deposit back.

When I told them about getting my refund, the response was "well send me the banks information and they will have to prove they own the house!" HELLO!! They wanted me to do their job and give them info to help them out! UM NO! Then they said if we can prove we are no longer in the house maybe they'll give back the deposit. Still waiting!! But to this day Ellis Homesource says they have no knowledge that the house is/was in foreclosure! Even though in the last email I received from them stated they can see from the tax records that a different bank is listed!! WOW

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2011 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ellis-HomeSource/Irving-Texas-/Ellis-HomeSource-Ellis-Consulting-Rented-a-foreclosed-home-to-my-family-Irving-Texas-779073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ellis HomeSource

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Facts Are Incorrect

AUTHOR: Rick Ellis, CPM - (USA)

The unnamed resident in this situation has a legitimate complaint and the inconvenience he suffered was very unfortunate.  Yet, he did not fully understand the nature of this foreclosure process and could have remained in the home for several months longer after the initial contact by the lender.

This home was part of portfolio of single family homes we managed for in a receivership under the direction of the appointed receiver Keith Aurzada with the law firm Bryan Cave & Affiliates.  our assignment was to manage the portfolio using best business practices to protect the receiverships' assets, the real estate, and to maximize rental income to help investors recover millions of dollaulently lost when the real estate was fraudulently acquired and mismanaged.  We were also dedicated to the comfort and safety of our tenants and provided them with excellent service and maintenance.

The receivership told us that the  federal court order protected these real estate assets from foreclosure and thus protected the interests of the renters.  We found this to be true and operated on that information.  The rent we collected was paid to the receivership and was never ours to keep.  We continued to collect the rent and pay the receivership because the lien holders did not have the right to foreclose.

Like many of the residents, this particular resident received notices from lenders but we were told by the client for whom we managed the properties that they could not be foreclosed.  In good faith we continued to collect and pay the
recievership.  Please contact us direct if you need more information.  We are a 27 year old management company with a long time sterling reputation.  I will personally be happy to speak to this resident but I will not refund any rent or deposits because these are not in my possession.