Complaint Review: Elocal Listing, Zone Communications

• Updated: Sun, March 21, 2010

• Reported By: David — Tampa Florida United States of America
Elocal Listing, Zone Communications
Oakland Park, California United States of America

Elocal Listing - Zone Communications, Relevant Yellow, Search Initiatives Non Performance Oakland Park California

This is my experience with elocallisting.com  I was in the market for a web site optimization company when I received a phone solicitation from a gentleman desperately trying to sell me a service and  it was difficult to get this guy off the script and sales tactics. Being a salesperson, I know it is never a good thing to sell something that is already sold!!! Ok. Thats a whole different story.

The problem that I have is non-performance & follow-up skills any half way decent company would have. I accepted an offer through this company that stated that they would have my company listed on Yahoo. [continued below]....

.....com front page in about a weeks time and within 40 days; I would be on Googles front page. The package cost $99.00 set up fee and my monthly charges would be $99.00 per month, starting when the first listing was active. If this was not performed in the said time, a refund would be made from the initial set up fee.

The Yahoo did show up within the said time frame but it was under Yahoo locals. I already had my listing under Yahoo Locals and I believe the cost for this service directly from Yahoo is around $14.00 but I didnt complain since my real objective was to gain the front-page spot in Google. I did make a call to the sales team and expressed my concern since the Yahoo local search that they had now implemented had a very limited key word search. By employing this company they actually decreased my visibility through Yahoo Local. My elocallisting.com rep said that he would look into the matter and supply me with all of the key words used to capture my listingthis was never performed. I started with elocallisting.com January 27th 2010 and today is March 21st.2010, I have made several calls and the only service is a voice mail with no returned calls. I have emailed this company explaining this non-performance issue only to fall to deaf ears and with no reply. This email also was my notice to cancel and I am sure that I will have to dispute charges with my credit card.

Since I have had these issues, I have done some work researching the company and have found some similar complaints and oddly enough I have seen replies from elocallisting.com defending their position, which baffles me on, why wouldnt this company address a customers concerns/problems before they had to smear mud across the internet on some complaint board. My only thought on this matter is, management communication. This company could be fantastic but the foundation has a major crack and postings like this will cause it to topple over.

If anyone is searching to better their company through optimization, I would try to learn from others mistakes and not use this company

Best Regards,

TLC Painting, LLC

Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2010 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elocal-Listing-Zone-Communications/Oakland-Park-California-33311/Elocal-Listing-Zone-Communications-Relevant-Yellow-Search-Initiatives-Non-Performanc-583537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elocal Listing, Zone Communications