efficient

• Submitted: Sat, December 18, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 08, 2005

• Reported By:Westminster Colorado
Emarket Research Group
14545 J Military Trail #189 Delray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Emarket Research Group incentive Reward "ProductTestersGroup" Ripoff Phish I'm the big sucker they landed. Free iPod my foot! spent money on their survey links, got the redemption certificate and nothing else, need to be put out of business. Don't answer any communications! Just let you simmer. Jerks! Delray Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Received my iPod yesterday

*Consumer Comment: The correct address is most likely Broken Sound Parkway not Broken Sand

*Consumer Suggestion: Steps to Take...

*Author of original report: emarket research group, incentive reward center all owned by Niu Tech LLC 001 Broken Sand Parkway Boca Raton, FL

*Consumer Suggestion: Is it fraud or not? Can't tell? Take this simple test!

Too Good to Be True Scam for iPod
I just got suckered into emarket research group's scam. Boy, am I angry. I actually spent money on their survey links, including the NY Times and Discover card. Supposedly I "qualified" right away. I sent the redemption certificate twice, emailed daily and tried to phone. What a bunch of shysters, hope they get run out on their ears...the word I've read now is they have a new name ProductTestersGroup. I'm posting everywhere and complaining to BBB and FCC.

Sandi
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2004 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emarket-Research-Group/Delray-Beach-Florida-33484/Emarket-Research-Group-incentive-Reward-ProductTestersGroup-Ripoff-Phish-Im-the-big-suc-123444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emarket Research Group

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Received my iPod yesterday

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

Although I originally thought this company was a complete ripoff, I did received my new 40GB iPod yesterday. Now I think it is mainly a case of being disorganized and understaffed.

I was having the same problems with the website not accurately reporting my purchases and was getting frustrated. Using the phone numbers in the Rip Off Report, I left a phone message requesting someone to call.

Within a few days, "Eddie" called back and left a message requesting copies of the documentation of my purchases. He left a fax number(561-981-5269)to send the documentation. The next day I received an email stating:

"Thank you for sending us your confirmation email, you are now qualified
for a Apple(r) iPod 40 GB.

The Security Verification Process has now
been waived, so you will not have to mail us your Gift Redemption Voucher. Also, a Shipping Request has now been issued.

Please allow 4-5 weeks for the fulfillment center to assemble, package, and ship a gift after the Shipping Request has been sent.

We appreciate your patience. Your gift should arrive soon.

Support"

After 5 weeks had passed without the iPod arriving, I called support again to follow up. The day after that I received an email confirming that the iPod had been shipped and giving me the UPS tracking number.

I also received a phone call from support to tell me it had been shipped. Within a few days after that, it actually arrived. It was the exact unit promised, new in the box, not refurbished.

I am a real person. I am not related in any way to the company and I am writing this to let others who are feeling frustrated that the company did come through for me.

I recommend that you keep complete records of every transaction with their vendors so that you can prove to them that you have fulfilled the terms of the offer.

I printed a copy of each webpage confirming my purchases as well as any receipts for the products purchased. I think this made the difference in my case since their computer tracking system is unreliable at best.

Personal contact through the phone numbers posted on Rip Off Report is also essential to keep things moving. I found that I did not need to yell and carry on.

The customer service reps were courteous and trying to be helpful. I just think they are overwhelmed. If you are persistent and keep good documentation, you should eventually get the iPod.

The correct address is most likely Broken Sound Parkway not Broken Sand

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

I just want to correct the address for E Market Research Group. The correct address is most likely Broken Sound Parkway not Broken Sand. I don't know anything about the company but I do know Boca Raton.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Steps to Take...

AUTHOR: Todd - (U.S.A.)

Hi Sandi,

I've also had a bad experience with this company, but just yesterday got my 40GB iPod. The only real way to resolve this possible scam is to take some formal action - very easy and not very involved as you shall see.

I issued a formal complaint to the North Carolina Department of Justice, Consumer Protection Section. It took no more than 20 minutes to do, and I wholeheartedly recommend that you please involve the NC Consumer Protection division of the Department of Justice (NC DOJ):

Contact info for the NC DOJ:

Jilliane Quiroz
Fulfillment
jquiroz@marketresearchsite.net
(561) 306-1915

I hope this helps. Again, PLEASE take the time to alert the NC DOJ re: Niu Tech's dubious promotions as this is the only way to effect change. Have Niu Tech and all of their pseudonyms be held accountable.

Feel free to read my post that I made here about a month ago;

you can use similar text to what I used in my formal complaint. The iPod was FedExed to me shortly after Niu Tech LLC was contacted by the North Carolina Dept. of Justice!

AUTHOR: Sandy - (U.S.A.)

I checked Florida FEI # 260004483. Other fradualent names for this company TheUseful.Com, EarnFreeGifts,ConsumerIncentivePromotions,Incentive Reward Center, and NetPrime all owned by Niu Tech LLC 001 Broken Sand Parkway Boca Raton, FL 33487and 21706 Cromwell Cir 33486 I'm going to update Florida BBB as well and contact the Division of Corporations

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Is it fraud or not? Can't tell? Take this simple test!

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Do they want money?

How about your bank or credit card info?

If you answered yes to either of the above questions, then yes, it most definitely is fraud!