Complaint Review: Emarket Research Group

• Submitted: Sat, October 16, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, December 18, 2004

• Reported By:Northport New York
Emarket Research Group
http://www.emarketresearchgroup.com/xg_reg.htm?SID=23a852db4197d079b0b14792e95bcfd4&em=flyfishcpa%40 Nationwide U.S.A.

Emarket Research Group ripoff, run around Internet

*Consumer Comment: This is a scam if I've ever seen one

*Consumer Comment: Computer on its way

*Consumer Comment: Consumer Research Corporation is pulling the same scam as Emarket Research.

Apparently, this is the new marketing scam.

You are offered a free laptop, golf clubs (another similar company)etc. for answering various questions. The bottom line is that you can not receive the "free" offer without purchasing atleast two other offers from, as best as I can determine, truly legitmite companies. It's a waste of time and effort. Neither the laptop or clubs ever came.

The lesson is that the only thing on this earth that is truly free is your Mother's love, everything else has a string or a catch attached.

Vic
Northport, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2004 05:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emarket-Research-Group/nationwide/Emarket-Research-Group-ripoff-run-around-Internet-113200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emarket Research Group

This is a scam if I've ever seen one

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Yes, they are "all that bad."

Once you realize that the things you signed up for in order to receive the golf clubs involve recurrent billing programs you'll see what I'm talking about.

This is a total scam. They lure you into this "survey" by saying that merely completing the survey entitles you to a free product. The survey is completely idiotic and I doubt that the results are used for anything other than marketing products TO YOU.

But the survey isn't the point of their business. The real idea is to lure people into thinking that they will get a free product, and then tell them that they must sign up for at least two "offers." These offers are from companies known to be engaging in deceptive recurrent billing: where you think you are getting a "free trial" and, next thing you know, there is a monthly charge on your credit card that you can't get rid of no matter how hard you try.

A few of their "offers" are for credit cards. Bad idea to aply for a credit card just to get something free. The mere act of applying for a credit card affects your credit score, especially if you are denied, and who knows what kind of lousy credit card issuers are selling their cards through deceptive means such as this.

Stay away from this scam. False advertising, luring unsuspecting people into recurrent billing programs, etc. Just remember: NOTHING is free if you have to give your credit card number to receive it.

Hi,
As of December 16,2004 I received a e-mail message that they were sending me my laptop with Fedex tracking number and all. I should receive it on December 21. I may we one of the fortunate ones. Their not all that bad. Everyone I spoke to is very nice. Have a nice holiday.....