Complaint Review: Emarketresearchgroup

• Updated: Sat, December 04, 2004

• Reported By:Galway New York
Emarketresearchgroup
http://emarketresearchgroup.com/ Internet U.S.A.

Emarketresearchgroup ripoff Altering Terms of Service after sign-up. Refusing to acknowledge properly completed offers. Internet

*Author of original report: Recieved a response - They closed my account!

I found eMarketResearch group by a google search for "free laptop", and decided that the as not only were they most highly ranked site, but that a search for "eMarketResearch scam" or "eMarketResearch sucks" came up empty, that they were worth an attempt.

I read the Terms of Service before I had even entered my zip code, and at the time it stated that ONE offer needed to be completed. I began to become suspicious as there seems no profit possible with such a business plan, but continued anyway. I filled in my personal information and perused several offers before settling on one that did not require any payment on my part. I completed the offer immediately.

A month later, I check their status page to see that not only have they marked me as having not completed any offers, but they have marked that I had not even looked at any! Turning now to their Terms of Service, I see that sometime since I last read it (Three weeks prior) they had changed it to require six offers!

Very Irritated consumer
Internet

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2004 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emarketresearchgroup/internet/Emarketresearchgroup-ripoff-Altering-Terms-of-Service-after-sign-up-Refusing-to-acknowled-117596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emarketresearchgroup

Recieved a response - They closed my account!

AUTHOR: Justin - (U.S.A.)

I recieved an email stating that there was an error in thier system, and that the problem was corrected, but when I went to thier site to check my status, they said there was no account registered to my email address!

I've tried several times now, carefully checking the spelling each time, and it still says they have no record of my account.

I can no longer consider incompetence a plausable reason, now I have no choice but to assume they are maliciously engaged in fraudulent activity.