Complaint Review: Embarq Phone Company

• Submitted: Sat, March 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 28, 2009

• Reported By:Erwin Tennessee
Embarq Phone Company
www.embarq.com Erwin, Tennessee U.S.A.

Embarq Phone Company Formerly Sprint. Just plain liars. Erwin Tennessee

I was interested in switching my Internet service from Comcast Cable to Sprint/Embarq DSL because Comcast continues to raise their rate almost monthly. When I called Sprint I told them I would switch to them at a lower speed and price if there were no hidden fees or added cost and that I wouldn't have an outrageous first months bill. The lady promised me there would not be any additional charges for anything. When I received the first months bill it was $248.67. They had charged me twice for shipping one modem, charged me a connecting fee, charged me for the first and second month and had a "Miscellaneous Charges" of $32.67. I called and told them what I was told I would be charged when I placed the order and signed up which was the first month and shipping of the modem. If I had known about the other charges I would not have agreed to the terms. They told me that the only thing they could do was to waive the duplicate shipping charge and could not explain to me what a Miscellaneous Charge was. I told them I was returning every thing and that I would no longer care to use their service. The lady told me that if I canceled before a year that they would charge me even more. I made her cancel it right then and still refuse to pay them. Its a bad mark on my credit but one I can live with can sometimes you just have to draw the line.

Keepthemhonest
Erwin, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2009 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Embarq-Phone-Company/Erwin-Tennessee-37650/Embarq-Phone-Company-Formerly-Sprint-Just-plain-liars-Erwin-Tennessee-438721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Embarq Phone Company