Complaint Review: Embarq - ZPDI

• Updated: Wed, August 22, 2007

• Reported By:Bingen Washington
Embarq - ZPDI
EMBARQ.COM/RESIDENTIAL Internet U.S.A.

Embarq And ZPDI Embarq is letting ZPDI charge me for calls that I do not make!! Dallas, Texas Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ZPDI ON AN EMBARQ BILL? SUPER REP CAN HELP!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Roger

Embarq has let a company (ZPDI) charge me for calls I did not make. I called ZPDI and the connection was bad on my end ,so they hung up and would not talk to me!!I could not hear them and told them the connection was bad and they hung up!! Embarq said it was up to me to take care of this.Can you help me???

Bingen, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2007 01:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Embarq-ZPDI/internet/Embarq-And-ZPDI-Embarq-is-letting-ZPDI-charge-me-for-calls-that-I-do-not-make-Dallas-Te-257626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Embarq - ZPDI

ZPDI ON AN EMBARQ BILL? SUPER REP CAN HELP!!!!

AUTHOR: SUPER REP!! - (U.S.A.)

If you called ZPDI and they are unwilling to assist you. Embarq can write back the charges for you. The only problem is that we cannot cancel the charges. Embarq has no affiliation with ZPDI.

What is probably happening is that someone signed up on the internet for the ZPDI service either Delibertly or by mistake. (I.E. take this survey and you will win a free IPOD or gift card pop up adds) Those Pop Up adds ussually have a catch to getting the ipod or giftcard and its ussually a third party billed service like ZPDI Voicemail or other services. I've seen tons of them.

In some states Embarq can offer a Block for these kinds of companies. Being regualted by the government really limits what we can do in most states. I know that Florida, Tennesee, Texas Pennsylvania,Minnesota and North Carolina have these blocks . Third Party Billing blocks are Free at this Time.
I wish the other states we service had them too.

Write your state PUC and I'm sure soon all states will have them.

AUTHOR: Jodi - (U.S.A.)

I had sprint for several years. Then about 2 years ago, Embarq bought sprint, and all customers were switched to Embarq. That's when the problems began. To make a long story short, Embarq ended up charging me for their mistakes! I was furious. The only option I had was to pay the bill, and then I switched to Time Warner digital phone. Time Warner has complaints on this web site as well, but I can say my experience with TW has been better than with Embarq in every way. I'm saving almost $50.00 a month on my phone bill (they offer unlimited long distance in the U.S.A.) The faster you get away from Embarq, the better. That's my opinion.