plain

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:florence Texas
Embarq
www.embarq.com Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

Embarq is a Sub-standard Joke of a Telephone Company Overland Park kansas

*UPDATE Employee: I can help

All over the news we are seeing stories about "Pay for Play". How do you think the telephone company in your neighborhood got the monopoly? Why do we not have choices about who will deliver our telephone land line service (which we are FORCED to have in order to get the DSL service which is also "Pay for Play").

Most people now have mobile phones but the telephone dinosaurs FORCE us to have land lines. If they are poor quality companies as is the case with EMBARQ, we cannot switch to a better company.

I just moved to a new house and had to give up my excellent service for which I never had downtime. Now I am FORCED to have EMBARQ. In less than one month, I lost my telephone line in a split second. One minute I was online, the next - offline. And I work from home on my computer.

EMBARQ customer service is a joke. I spent hours waiting in queues, only to get another computer. Finally I got to a person who told me I had to hang up and go outside and unscrew the screws and try a non-electric telephone to see if signal was coming into my house. After I ascertained that, no, there was no signal, I had to call back again and wait and wait. I got a work order number (trouble ticket they call it). My telephone service was out for more than 24 hours in excellent weather with no wind, no storms, no snow on the ground in a metropolitan area of the United States.

This is all so unacceptable. I hate EMBARQ. I hate that they forced me to sign long-term contracts simply to get service. It is so wrong.

There is no justice in America.

Glayzzer
florence, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Embarq/Overland-Park-Kansas/Embarq-is-a-Sub-standard-Joke-of-a-Telephone-Company-Overland-Park-kansas-409584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Embarq

I can help

AUTHOR: Embarq_joey - (U.S.A.)

Glayzzer,

Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your Embarq service. I can help. Just send me an email at Embarq_Joey@embarq.com. You can check out my Twitter page to verify my identity, http://twitter.com/Embarq_Joey.

Thanks,