Complaint Review: Embarq

Embarq
www.embarq.com Internet U.S.A.

Embarq Internet DSL service is a pathetic joke Internet

*Consumer Comment: Come On, Don't Beat Around the Bush

*UPDATE Employee: Too many factors.

*UPDATE Employee: slow during peak hours?

*Consumer Comment: embarq internet bad service and bad telephone service too

*Consumer Comment: more talk no action

*UPDATE Employee: SUPER REP

Embarq, I hate you soooo much and I am stuck with you

peak times suck so bad as stated in other posts.

I am in Florida and I love to use the net at night to talk to family in another state and let them see my kids on videochat.

well we can't do that because of the 120 kbits a sec I get and the 853 ms pings I also get.

I have one choice where I live for broadband and that is these inept idiots.

I hate this company so much.

I am making a post at ripoffreport.com about this scam company

I no longer live in middleburg, I am now in sw florida near fort myers
the internet has been around long enough to have figured out how to serve people without these problems.

every nite the same thing.

If I could call a cable company I would, if I could get wireless I would, I am stuck with this pathetic crap and I am so frikn mad.

Brent
Cape Coral, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2007 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Embarq/internet/Embarq-Internet-DSL-service-is-a-pathetic-joke-Internet-239112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Embarq

Come On, Don't Beat Around the Bush

AUTHOR: cwallace - (United States of America)

Anyone that works in the telecommunications industry knows that both DSL and Cable are aggregated back to remote out in the neighborhood.  For DSL it is a DSLAM and for Cable it is a CMTS. With Embarq/CenturyLink their DSLAM's are usually uplinked with a couple of DS3's (45Mb each) and will serve a couple hundred customers off of that, this make it very easy for them to get congested at peak times.

I am a CenturyLink customer (it is the only internet available in my area) and I have their 3Mb service.  Every night at the same time the internet goes to a crawl, I end up firing up my AT&T AirCard and get far better results.  I have confirmed this with a dozen of people in my area, we have have the same results.

Too many factors.

AUTHOR: Zeke - (U.S.A.)

There are many factors with high speed internet. The biggest issue is usually found with customer's computers. With DSL, there are no peak hours. That is only find with cable companies static ips and shared networks. Computer settings and performance are some of the biggest issues with bad performance. My suggestion is call embarq and see if we can help. Also, in some areas only 768 is available, so that is a factor as well.

AUTHOR: Lindsay - (U.S.A.)

With Embarq's high speed internet there is no such thing as "peak hours" because our internet isn't on a network being shared between you and your neighbors as it is with cable high speed...you're on a direct network between us, and your home. Any slowing down/speeding up, would be an issue with your computer.

AUTHOR: Lindsay - (U.S.A.)

embarq internet bad service and bad telephone service too

AUTHOR: Jose - (U.S.A.)

I too have embarq High Speed Internet. I hate it. It is slow. I ordered the 5 meg service. but my download speeds are slow. and you would figure if you are getting 5 megs down. you should get at least 2 or 3 megs up. nope they only give you 768 K up.. that is very Slow especially for the need for faster internet these days. 768 UP may have been fine 10 years ago but not for todays Home internet user.

also the internet is always going down. It does not matter what website I go to. its always Crappy about between the hours of 2 pm and 7 pm. durring High peak useage hours.

now as for Embarq telephone service. same thing constant busy signals no matter where you call in my home area. All circuits are busy.

at embarq Common sense does not meet inovation!

more talk no action

AUTHOR: Sunshine - (U.S.A.)

blah blah blah blah blah.........Embarq is full of hot air. They must hold training on sidestepping, avoiding the issue, blame switching and other deviant practice.

SUPER REP

AUTHOR: SUPER REP!! - (U.S.A.)

You should not ahve fluxuation from Embarq to you. Some sites visited For instance Myspace.com take forever no matter whos internet I've had. I hav eth eEmbarq 3meg service and have never had any trouble with it. It always works and in the 2 years I've had it it has never went down. I also work with embarq too.

You really should call tech support it sounds like something is seriously wrong
877 646-3282

We are always willing to help.

Now it could be that you are at the very end of the signal chain. DSL can only travel 3 miles of line before the signal deteriorates.