Complaint Review: Embarq

• Reported By:Whitakers North Carolina
Embarq
www.embarq.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Embarq cell phone ripoff , & bill over charges Tarboro North Carolina

I called Embarq customer service to ask a question one day , And they told me I could get a cell phone for me , And my wife free for one month . I could also cancel with no problem for that month . I tried to cancel with my current cell phone provider when the Embarq phones came in , But found out I was still under contract . I sent the Cell phones back un-opened . A month went by , And no refund for the phones . I called them about it , And they told me they would credit it to my account . I did not get a phone bill for 2 months , So I thought it was because of the cell phone refund . Instead I get a bill with late charges on it for the past 2 months including cell phone charges . I called to ask what was going on , And they told me that I chose to have my phone bill emailed . I never gave them my email address . After about 5 months I finaly got them to quit putting the cell phone charges on my bill . Its been over a year now , And I still have not got my money back for those cell phones .

Glbrown
Whitakers, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2009 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Embarq/nationwide/Embarq-cell-phone-ripoff-bill-over-charges-Tarboro-North-Carolina-450416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Embarq