Complaint Review: Emblem Credit Card

• Submitted: Thu, May 10, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 23, 2012

• Reported By: dez718 — Warren Pennsylvania United States of America
Emblem Credit Card

Emblem Credit Card Use to be a great company now pretty much a rip off.. Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: Emblem has corrected problem

Before Emblem's conversion the company was great.  Since conversion it has been nothing but a headache.  I have made multiple calls to the company, which the first three sounded like it was an India call center.  I have been told my account had not been activated, closed, blocked and could be used.  I use to feel comfortable to use the card.  Now, am afraid to use it.  During the conversion two payments were taken from my checking account, which took the Emblem account to a credit balance.  Since it has a credit balance it is now my responsiblity to prove that both payments were made.  Not sure of this banking practice where they cannot review transactions.  The payments were pulled on May 4th. Now a week later after serveral calls the account is still blocked. You are telling me this bank cannot tell they received double payment from a customer.  Which if it is there policy to once there is a credit balance on the account to block it you would think they would notify customer to not use card until it is resolved.. Received no such letter.

I am so frustrated that I am now put in the position because of their error I have to show proof that the money was put into that account.  If they would review my previous statement is would show that I purchased over 600 dollars and paid them 700 dollars and they are blocking my account for 66 dollars.  I already opened account with another company that I have dealt within past. Like I said I use to love dealing with Emblem but they have let a very bad impression on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emblem-Credit-Card/internet/Emblem-Credit-Card-Use-to-be-a-great-company-now-pretty-much-a-rip-off-Internet-Intern-881090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emblem Credit Card

Emblem has corrected problem

AUTHOR: dez718 - (United States of America)

After many calls to the old processor to the new processor the problem has been resolved.  As stated before Emblem program that I worked with was awesome before conversion I am hoping that now that this problem has been resolved my faith in them can be totally restored.