Complaint Review: Emblem Mastercard program

• Updated: Thu, September 30, 2010

• Reported By: Renee — Cleveland Ohio United States of America
Emblem Mastercard program
PO box 105374 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Emblem Mastercard program First premier told me to send money on a credit card account, but left no number to reach them and I have paid money to a company that has not given me credit towards my account Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: It is a card from a debt collection co - Jefferson Capital

I am trying to find any information I can about Emblem mastercard credit card program.  I have a small balance with first premier about $300.00 that I was sending this company $20.00 a month.  I dont have a phone number to call them to see if my money has actually been applied directly to my account to pay off my debt.  This has got me concerned because I have sent them a total of three payments and I have not seem a bill showing me a balance on the account.  I am trying to clear up my credit report which Emblem mastercard program promise to do If I pay off my balance and offer me a fresh start.  So far, I have not heard anything eles from the company, I dont have a phone number or an email address for them, And I hope this is not another scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2010 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emblem-Mastercard-program/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Emblem-Mastercard-program-First-premier-told-me-to-send-money-on-a-credit-card-account-b-646052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emblem Mastercard program

It is a card from a debt collection co - Jefferson Capital

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (United States of America)

From just a little research, I was able to find out that Jefferson Capital, a notorius debt collector, issues these cards on past due debt. I was not able to determine if the debtors they choose have debt that is past the statute of limitations. However, other debt collectors have used this very scam to 'reage' your debt.

If you are interested in clearing past credit issues, please check out budhibbs.com and creditinfocenter.com and debtorboards.com to find out the right way. These debt collectors will use any method they can to collect debt - especially if the debt is very, very old.

In my opinion, this is a scam. If you want to clear your credit with FPB, then contact them and work out a payment plan or hardship agreement.