Complaint Review: Embrace Home Loans,INC.

• Submitted: Wed, February 15, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 15, 2012

• Reported By: ripp''ed-off2 — Loves Park Illinois United States of America
Embrace Home Loans,INC.
25 Enterprise Center, Newport, RI 02842 Internet United States of America

Embrace Home Loans,INC. Told me to lock in my rate I need to pay upfront for the apprasial, then undervalued my home by 30 thousand after many improvements. Total joke. Internet

*Consumer Comment: They don't make any money on your appraisal

My story is the same as the others, they told me I was totally approved, my credit was good, and all I was doing was going from a 30 year to a 15 and lowering my rate, that was my intent anyway.  I put new windows and doors in my home costing 28,000. Plus a new patio another 5,000. My house apprased 2 years ago for 157,000 and after these two big upgrades they appased it at 130,000. What a joke!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2012 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Embrace-Home-LoansINC/internet/Embrace-Home-LoansINC-Told-me-to-lock-in-my-rate-I-need-to-pay-upfront-for-the-apprasia-839626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Embrace Home Loans,INC.

They don't make any money on your appraisal

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

That goes to the appraiser, not to the mortgage broker. And even if it *did*, the broker makes thousands by getting you a loan, whereas $350 is nothing. Trust me, it was not their fault; it would not be in their best interest.