Complaint Review: EmeraldLux

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2012

• Reported By: Spandex — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
EmeraldLux

EmeraldLux Electronic Cigarette You are one of the lucky customers who will receive an Exclusive Starter Kit at a discounted shipping rate $4.95. ng rate of $4.95! Offer valid today! Internet

I saw a offer on the internet with a picture of Dr. Oz and it was advertising that this product has helped so many people to quit smoking. It was a special offer from Emerald Lux Electronic Cigarettes and it said there were only 6 left and the special ended on 7/19/2012. It said that it was an Exclusive Stater kit at a discounted price of $4.95 for the shipping rate. Then you had to check a box stating that you were 18 years of age or older and have read the terms and conditions, so I did that and printed the page . Then I ordered it in hopes of stopping smoking, I filled out all the information that they asked for and they sent me a email of my order information and the total charged $4.95 to my debit card for shipping, billing information, Re-ordering information for spare parts, cartridges & accessories.,Tracking information, Customer Support & Return & Cancellation information. So I printed that out. Then they emailed me a Order Confirmation number and a list of the items in my order and the order total $4.95. No where did it say anything about a retail charge for the electric cigarette. The ad said you only have to pay for the shipping which was $4.95. Then I received my statement and there was a charge for $114.95 from the company that I did not authorize that they maid on 8/6/12. So I called them to find out what this charge was they said it was the retail price of the electric cigarette. They said that I had 14 days to return it if I didn't want it. I went through all the papers that I printed and received from them and they did not say anything about a charge of the retail price of the item or a 14 day trial. Then the gentlemen that I had on the phone Joshua Cope told me that the page that I had printed when I checked the box for 18 years or older was not the right page of terms & conditions that you had to go to a different web site for the terms and conditions. There was nothing indicating that. So I am going to call my bank and let them know that I did not authorize them to bill the $114.95 to my debit card. They said that they would refund me $35.00 dollars back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EmeraldLux/internet/EmeraldLux-Electronic-Cigarette-You-are-one-of-the-lucky-customers-who-will-receive-an-930442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EmeraldLux