Complaint Review: Emerge Credit Card Services

• Submitted: Sat, January 31, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, January 31, 2004

• Reported By:cranston Rhode Island
Emerge Credit Card Services
www.providian.com Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Emerge Credit Card Services Brazen Ripoff--somebody help rid this scum from our Earth Salt Lake City Utah

I had a Providian card which was not all that great to begin with , but at least I could access my account online--unlike this new E*Merge Card which i got in mail with no prior knowledge whatsoever. I called them up and they told me my account was switched from Providian and that I APPROVED IT?

I told her I did no such thing and she then broke into her obviously trained response of--PAY it or we will ruin your credit--I couldn't believe my ears!
I hung up on her and then tried to contact on INTERNET--their is NONE---This type of bait and switch w/out the customers knowledge should Be illegal. I am now paying off card in full and dropping it. And Yes, The interest also went up to 29.99% from %19.99...lonesharks rates are better!

Cranston, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2004 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Credit-Card-Services/Salt-Lake-City-Utah/Emerge-Credit-Card-Services-Brazen-Ripoff-somebody-help-rid-this-scum-from-our-Earth-Salt-78813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Credit Card Services