Complaint Review: Emerge Credit Card

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2003

• Reported By:Columbia falls Montana
Emerge Credit Card
Po Box 23034 Columbus Ga Nationwide, U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Emerge Credit Card dishonest disceptive unethical rude harrasing Nationwide

Providian sold my visa card to Emerge master in april of 2003, I did not receive my first bill or a notification so I sent my payment to Providian as usual. Upon return of my payment I called Providian and got an automated machine that said they no longer owned the bill to call Emerge.

Without a card number to EMERGE you can not get through, no web site, no email. Called Providian again they could not help. I then got a call from a representive from EMERGE stating my payment was past due and demanded I do a check by phone costing me 9.95, and would not keep my credit without a deliquent mark. When I told them I would not rep told me fine I am closing your account and hu, without giving me an address to send my payment.

About a week later I finally got a notice that EMERGE even owned my bill and an address to send payment. At this point my payment is almost 1.5 months late and I am being charged late fees and deliquences. Since then I have recieved one bill I send my payment off and never get something to show my activity of payment. Now it is being reported as a closed account, further affecting my credit.

If there is going to be a lawsuit I would love to included!!

MRP
Columbia Falls, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2003 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Credit-Card/Nationwide-/Emerge-Credit-Card-dishonest-disceptive-unethical-rude-harrasing-Nationwide-65961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Credit Card