Complaint Review: Emerge Formerly Providian

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, May 06, 2003

• Reported By:Fairfield Ohio
Emerge Formerly Providian
245 Perimeter Center Parkway Ste 600 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-705-3603
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Emerge Providian is ruining my credit and not answering my questions Atlanta Georgia

I thought that I was just having ill luck with this credit card company until now. I, like many others are in the same situation.

Prior to Providian I had not owned a credit card, therefore had not established credit elsewhere. So when I received the application from Providian, I decided that it was time. After dealing with this company for 7 or 8 months problem free, I had never sent in a late payment. I received a letter stating that the company was going to switch ownership and cancel my account. I was confused, but was not overly worried, I figured that I would pay my balance off, and try to establish credit elsewhere.

This is when my problems arised. I attempted to make multiple payments, none of which were cashed. Then tryed to phone the company to make a payment over the phone, but this was a "dead end" attempt also(I could not even reach anyone). I then emailed a letter to them, and still; no response!!!

I am still in the process of trying to take some corrective action, my next attempt is going to be a payment sent via certified mail.

Hopefully, we can figure out what this companys problem is, are they not trying to make a profit, just simply trying to destroy our credit?

Robert
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2003 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Formerly-Providian/Atlanta-Georgia/Emerge-Providian-is-ruining-my-credit-and-not-answering-my-questions-Atlanta-Georgia-55837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Formerly Providian