Complaint Review: Emerge Mastercard (FNBO)

• Submitted: Wed, March 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, March 02, 2005

• Reported By:Fremont California
Emerge Mastercard (FNBO)
cardholderservices@emergecard.com Internet U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard (FNBO) ripoff sold with no reason to emerge Internet

email sent to emerge:

I am trying to contact someone to speak about my credit card changes. I have been trying to use the number listed on the credit card and on the website. Seems like it's only automated. I finally got in to hold for a customer service representative and have been on hold for 30 minutes and still waiting. Actually got in contact with someone and they hung up on me. Now I have to wait again. Can someone please give me contact information to speak with someone regarding this issue instead of having to go through this automated system???

Update on this email:

Got in contact with someone again after being on hold for another half and hour. After going through all the hassle, I'm closing my account. In order to do that, they had to transfer me to another number, which stated that the number you are calling is no longer taking calls!!!! Now I'm on hold AGAIN after being hung up by the automated system 5 times! How do I close my account!?!?!?!? I've read many, many complaints with this credit company, which I have not chosen to be with nor have I activated my cards.

When I was with FNBO they raised my APR of 9.99 to 20.99, which I wasn't even aware until I received the next statement. When FNBO changed over my cc to emerge, they changed and lowered my credit limit from $15,000 to $5,000! I never even activated my new cards. Impossible to reach anybody to help. You only get hung up on ten million times after holding for 2 and a half hours.

Helen
Fremont, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2005 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Mastercard-FNBO/internet/Emerge-Mastercard-FNBO-ripoff-sold-with-no-reason-to-emerge-Internet-133487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Mastercard (FNBO)