Complaint Review: Emerge Mastercard

• Submitted: Thu, October 09, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, October 09, 2003

• Reported By:72179 Arkansas
Emerge Mastercard
P.O. Box 105655 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard AKA Providian ripoff, Providian switched me to emerge without my permission, after switching they went up on their interest rates to 29.97% Atlanta Georgia

I started out with Providian Visa credit card , there interest rates was about 21% but what could I do I needed a card to travel with. I had providian visa card for about a year and half and I always payed on line , it was easy and I keeped up with my bill payments. One day I started to pay online and it keep giving me trouble on the service end pleases try later. After about week and half went by and I still could not get on to pay my card bill , I call them on my nickle because they did not have a 1-800 # .

It took almost 30 min., to get someone to help me , I guess they was boombarded with people that could not pay their bill. When I got someone to talk to he informed me that I was traded to emerge mastercard and I would have to start paying my bill by mail only. This did not set good with me on that part, he told me that they will have a service up and running soon where I could pay my bill on line.

I ask was the interest rate going to be the same and he said yes. It didn't take them long to go up on there interest rate, it is now 29.97%. I have called them twice to try to get them to lower the interest rate on my card, but to no avial. I just called again to see why the interest rates are so high, because the national rates has gone down.

I want to tell everybody out there to call in and complain to them, this is not right for a company to do what ever they want with out the permission from the people that is using it. I'm going to have to pay off my card and try to get another one from some one else.

Aubrey
72179, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2003 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Mastercard/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5655/Emerge-Mastercard-AKA-Providian-ripoff-Providian-switched-me-to-emerge-without-my-permiss-68629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Mastercard