Complaint Review: Emerge Mastercard

• Submitted: Fri, May 16, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 16, 2003

• Reported By:San Dimas California
Emerge Mastercard
PO Box 105667 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard ripoff, changed card from Providian without prior notice, added fees, poor customer service Atlanta Georgia

I had a card account with Getsmart/Providien that I managed on-line. I logged on one day and found a message that said I no longer had an account with them, but had been transfered to Emerge.

They listed a web page, but when I tried to access it I got a page that said it was under construction. After trying several times to reach them by phone I finally got through to a live person and asked about my last payment,which had been made on line to Providien, and was told that they had recieved it and that paperwork on the change would be forthcoming in the mail.

6 weeks later I finally get a bill showing I'm late and charging a fee. I called again and after much difficulty and many button pushes I finally got a person on the line and was told they would cancel the fee.

sometime later I got a call telling me I'm behind and overlimit but if I payed X amount I could be set up on a special account with no interest for 6 months. I didn't have the full amount avail. but was told if I paid X now and Y by another date, I would still qualify. So I made a payment on the phone then another one for Y amount 2 days before the due date.

3 days later I get a bill in the mail saying I'm past due and owe more late and overlimit fees. Again after much hassle I finally get someone on the phone, but all she can do is parrot what is on my bill. I ask to talk to a supervisor several times times, but finally hang up in frustration.

Today I get a letter in the mail saying the offer for the 0% interest is set if I make a payment of $272 by 5/12/03. The envolope is postmarked 5/14/03 and today is 5/16/03.

In the letter was a phone # to call. I called the number, entered the info it asked for and got a recording saying my account was not past due and to call a different # if I needed further help. The number was the same one I used before so I called pushed more buttons and once again ended with a recording saying my account was not over due and then disconecting me.

Scott
San Dimas, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2003 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Mastercard/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5667/Emerge-Mastercard-ripoff-changed-card-from-Providian-without-prior-notice-added-fees-po-57270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Mastercard