Complaint Review: Emerge Mastercard

• Reported By:Baltimore Maryland
Emerge Mastercard
Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard ripoff Atlanta Georgia

I had Aira Visa since 99 later they became Getsmart and Providen both did provide good communcations and even a new card with Getsmart. Then about 2 years ago I read online that they were merging or something and becoming this new mastercard company. About 2 weeks later I got a letter from Getsmart telling me the same and giving me a choise of closing my account or keeping the account and having my interest rate increased from 17% to 29.99% I picked to have it closed.

I didn't hear anything for a year then I got a call from this collection agent saying since I didn't pay on my account for a year it was sent to them to collect and that I had to pay them at least $150 a month or be sued and have my wages garnesed. I asked them how was I suppose to send them payments without an address or statement. They said they didnt' care they just wanted their $150 a month or else. I don't know what to do and that can't be fair or right what the company did to everyone. I feel I didn't deserve to put in collections for their mistake.

Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2005 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Mastercard/Atlanta-Georgia/Emerge-Mastercard-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-134890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Mastercard