Complaint Review: Emerge Mastercard

• Submitted: Wed, May 07, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, May 07, 2003

• Reported By:jacksonville Florida
Emerge Mastercard
Po Box 23034 Columbus Ga. Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard AKA Providian fraudulent business practices tricked and lied to us Columbus Georgia

in june of 2001 we obtained a providian credit card with a $1000 limit and 0% interest. over the next year our limit was raised several times until it hit $2500.

when our account was approximately $2100 it was suddenly closed and transferred to emerge mastercard with a 29.99% interest rate. the reason they gave for closing our account was that it was "seriously delinquent" and they had a right to close and transfer it.

we were never late or missed a payment until this happenned as we were trying to rebuild our credit and thought this would help. since this account has been transferred they (emerge) has not creditted my payments until after they were due even though they were sent in 10 days ahead. then they charge me late fees, interest on the late fees and even an over the limit fee at one point.

they are not creditting my account properly with my payments ie: i make a $100 payment and the interest for that month is $39.99 and my balance keeps actually going up by anywhere between $65 and $110 instead of down by $60.01 like it should have.

I have tried to resolve this with them and i get nowhere. they fraudulently closed my account and raised my interest rate from 0% to 29.99% and i have paid for that $2100 at least once. I refuse to give them another dime.

jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2003 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Mastercard/Columbus-Georgia-31902-1645/Emerge-Mastercard-AKA-Providian-fraudulent-business-practices-tricked-and-lied-to-us-Colum-56016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Mastercard