Complaint Review: Emerge Mastercard

• Submitted: Fri, May 27, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, May 27, 2005

• Reported By:Macon Mississippi
Emerge Mastercard
cardholderservices@emergecard.com Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard ripoff Columbus Georgia

I have been with Providian/Emerge since the late 1990's and while I have not had any problems with Providian I have been having nothing but trouble with Emerge.

For the first time since having this card I am late with my payment by two months. However at the end of May I will be caught back up and will be back on a regular payment schedule.

In April of this year I had to pay a high amount Federal taxes and felt it was best to take care of it first. I knew this would mean my other bills, including a second credit card company, would be late because to get caught back up everything had to be put off by one month.

My other creditors were fine with this because I sent to them what I could in April and when I could not I made the effort to double my payments to them during the month of May.

Emerge contacted me the other night asking why I was late. I told them the reason and said in a week and a half (which will be the end of May) I would be sending them the the two months payment and then be back on a regular payment schedule in June. The told me about the late fees and I said I understood but it could not be helped.

They have been calling ever since then to know when the payment is coming. I have sent them an email telling them the same thing I told the representative on the phone and I have also asked to stop calling because they are getting the payment.

The representatives are rude and I hate to say it because I normally am polite on the phone but I had to get rude back with the representative. They acted like they should be the person to be paid first regardless.

Once the card is paid off I am done with this company.
If you are thinking about getting a credit card stay away from Emerge.

Robert
Macon, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2005 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Mastercard/Columbus-Georgia-31902-3034/Emerge-Mastercard-ripoff-Columbus-Georgia-144269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Mastercard