Complaint Review: Emerge Mastercard

• Submitted: Thu, November 06, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2003

• Reported By:01420 Massachusetts
Emerge Mastercard
P.o. Box 800 Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard ripoff rude fraudulent harrassing beligerent uninformed theives idiots Columbus Georgia

*Author of original report: Emerge now Aspire!! Beware!!

*Author of original report: file complaints to the Attorney General

Emerge Mastercard aka Providian has been harassing me day and night 7 days a week. I had a Providian visa with a 250 credit limit on it. I paid every month, above the minimum due always. They abruptly closed my account and "sold" it to Emerge. These people are insane.

I refuse to pay their fraudulent, made-up charges.. the late fees and over limit fees(how can I be over limit when the account has been closed). they say I now owe 860.00!! On a card that had a 250.00 limit?! Well, the harassment has gone on now for a year.

Today I called the Attorney Generals office. They are only supposed to be calling 2 times a week!! By Law! My little 250 dollar credit card is going to make me a rich girl!!

Thanks Emerge! Your stupidity is going to put you away!! Close you down!! Yahoo!! I finally got someone to hear me!!!!

Jean
Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2003 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Mastercard/Columbus-Georgia/Emerge-Mastercard-ripoff-rude-fraudulent-harrassing-beligerent-uninformed-theives-idiots-C-71203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Mastercard

Emerge now Aspire!! Beware!!

AUTHOR: Jean - (U.S.A.)

After my repeated attempts to contact Emerge..I contacted the Comptroller of currency, who did contact emerge. Yesterday I got a letter and copies of statements that were never sent to me...Obviously they were manufactured. coincidently, the return address said Aspire Card Services, Duluth, Georgia. I have written them back and the Attorney General and The comptroller of Currency, with the copies of the manufactured statements..this is more evidence folks!! Strangely, there was no phone number with the letter. sounds a little corrupt to me.

file complaints to the Attorney General

AUTHOR: Jean - (U.S.A.)

Well folks, after months and months of being harassed by these idiots, I have finally taken a stand. I have faxed to Emerge a cease and desist order to stop the phone calls. I was getting them 7 days a week, up to 14 calls per day. I also sent the hard copy to both Emerge and Providian. I filed a complaint with the Georgia Attorney General, where Emerge supposedly is, the Massachusetts Attorney General, my state...and also a complaint with the Comptroller of currency..which I was given the number by the Geogia AG. Since all of this, I have not received one call from those idiots! I still have yet to get a bill! I have never recieved one bill from Emerge!! Can you beleive that!!! But they say I owe them...show me the money!!!! I suggest everyone contact the states AG office where they live, the Georgia AG, and the Comptroller. All of these offices told me that Providian/Emerge were wll known to them. As far as my credit goes...I really don't care anymore. I've made mistakes, and paid everyone I owe.. these people I refuse! I suspect there will be a class action lawsuit, and boy will the tables turn then!!!! I hate to fight my way thru life, but I will not be cheated. I work too hard!!