Complaint Review: Emerge - Providian

• Submitted: Sat, February 28, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, February 28, 2004

• Reported By:clarksville, Tennessee
Emerge - Providian
emergecard.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge/Providian ripoff! The website that we were using to pay our monthly bill doesn't exist anymore. How do we pay? Our credit is getting ruined! Atlanta Georgia

I was shocked to see that I was not the only person getting screwed by the Providian/Emerge "thing". I am a soldier in the United States Army. I was stationed in Germany when I received my Providian card.

Shortly after receiving my card, I was deployed to Kosovo. No problem, I'll do anything for God and Country. When I returned, my wife informed me that the website that we were using to pay our monthly bill didn't exist anymore, and that the folks at Providian had no listing of our account number.

I tried calling from Germany on a weekly basis, but to no avail and at a high phone bill cost to me. I returned to the States, still stuck, and no address or website to pay Providian. Well, I almost didn't qualify for a home because my credit report showed a credit card payment almost a year deliquent. The name and number listed on the credit report indicated "Emerge/PVN @ 770-111-1111" a number that doesn't exist, and thank GOD the lendor attempted to no avail to contact these folks to get to the bottom of it and even they couldn't after three weeks of attempts.

I deployed to Iraq early last year and have just returned within the last week. Guess what, they are still reporting me on my credit report. I decided to go back to the father of the problem, Providian. After 35 minutes of holding, 3 inter-office transfers, I finally locked someone in a corner, and got the Emerge number.

I had to look around the house for the old "Germany" tax returns in order to get my old zip code, since that is what they still had listed on my "account". After selecting the "card-holder services" option, I listened to a "P-DIDDY" remix of elevator music for 22 minutes and then got hung up on. I called back and went through the same steps only to now hear a recording saying "call back during our service hours tomorrow." Tomorrow is Sunday. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow, or more than likely, monday.

clarksville,, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2004 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Providian/Atlanta-Georgia/EmergeProvidian-ripoff-The-website-that-we-were-using-to-pay-our-monthly-bill-doesnt-ex-82236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge - Providian