Complaint Review: Emerge

• Submitted: Wed, May 28, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, May 28, 2003

• Reported By:Somerville Massachusetts
Emerge
P.o. Box 23034 Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard call my home everyday Columbus Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: You have some rights

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't Rely on the Collection Agents to Stop Calling

My wife has lukemia is we are now down to one income.In March my wife received a call because we were behind on our payments at this time my wife explained and made arrangements for automatic payments they have been taking money twice a month.

For the past week everyday my wife gets a phone call and when she tell them this has been taking care of they just keep saying that our phone number is automaticly dialed before they look at our account. My wife has talked to supervisors and begged them to make a note on the account because most of the time when they call she is sleeping and it is very hard for her to get to the phone.

On may 26th they told her no problem no more calls there is a call everyday still . I just want my wife to stop having people yelling at her before they have even looked at the account. thank you .

Patrick
Somerville, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2003 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge/Columbus-Georgia-31902/Emerge-Mastercard-call-my-home-everyday-Columbus-Georgia-58721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You have some rights

AUTHOR: Preston - (U.S.A.)

You can request in writing that the creditor quit harrassing you. Send it certified mail.

If you make this request they cannot call or contact you unless they are going to perform some form of action.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Don't Rely on the Collection Agents to Stop Calling

AUTHOR: Pele - (U.S.A.)

They won't and by law they don't have to. However, if you send a CERTIFIED, REGISTERED (so you have proof) letter to them stating they are to cease any and all communication with you they must stop calling and sending letters. They have 30 days to comply, after that, sue the bastards for violation of the FDCPA.

As a matter of fact I suggest you read up on the FDCPA and find out what your rights as a debtor are. Keep in mind that much of the FDCPA was written for THIRD PARTY collection agencies so much of it won't apply, however, even with a first party collection attempt such as you described you have every right to demand they stop contacting you immediately. But you must do it in writing.