Complaint Review: Emerge

• Submitted: Fri, January 09, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, January 09, 2004

• Reported By:Woodbridge Virginia
Emerge
emergecard.com Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard EMERGE -- DON'T DO IT! Columbus Georgia

I have read others reports here on EMERGE and it is amazing how similiar my circumstances are. Like them, my interest rate is 30% and I get a MONTHLY periodic finance charge of anywhere between 60 and 100 dollars. Everytime I make an overpayment to knock the card down a bit it goes straight to this sporadic finance charge -- incredible.

They you have you locked in tight. Before they purchased my accounts, I was in good standing -- now, I AM NOT. Like the others, I called customer service to inquire into their buying my accounts and then overextending the interest and could not get through for 2 solid days. When I did, the rep was of no help and when I askd for a manager, he told me there wasn;t one available.

What can we do to alleviate this? I don't know. But, I would be more than happy to be part of a collective lawsuit against them. I am serious.

Vince
Woodbridge, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2004 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge/Columbus-Georgia/Emerge-Mastercard-EMERGE-DONT-DO-IT-Columbus-Georgia-76644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge