Complaint Review: Emerge/Providian Mastercard

• Submitted: Wed, April 23, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 23, 2003

• Reported By:Divide Colorado
Emerge/Providian Mastercard
PO Box 105667 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge/Providian Mastercard ripoff business from hell Atlanta Georgia

Just like everyone else, I was a Providian customer before Emerge became the card issuer. I never had a problem with Providian, but once Emerge took over, the problems began quickly and plentifuly.

Not once since they took over have I received a statement from them, but they did call me as soon as I didn't make a payment! When I asked, "How am I supposed to make a payment if you haven't sent out a statement?" Their response was, "Not our problem!" They've been nothing but rude and inconsiderate on the phone and have yet to answer a single question. Their "Customer Service Representatives" seem to lack the understanding and knowledge necessary to answer the simplest of questions.

To this day, I still receive a letter from them monthly claiming that my account is past due, even though they've cashed the checks. It's unfortunate that they are just able to take over a company and control your credit without your consent. They are the first credit card I intend to pay off this year, without hesitation!

Divide, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2003 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EmergeProvidian-Mastercard/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/EmergeProvidian-Mastercard-ripoff-business-from-hell-Atlanta-Georgia-54111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge/Providian Mastercard