Complaint Review: Emerson TV

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: Bill — Bradenton Florida United States of America
Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Emerson TV Bought two 32 inch TV's on black friday one year ago. Both TV's went out one week after the one year warranty. Emerson told me."Too Bad". They need a class action suit against them as I have read n Emerson TV Columbus, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: I just bought this TV from Wal-Mart

*Author of original report: Emerson TV

*Author of original report: Emerson TV

*Consumer Comment: yes keep bob from irvine update

*Consumer Comment: Class Action?

Bought two 32 inch Emerson TV's from Walmart on Black Friday 2011.  One week after the one year warranty the TV's went out. Both not played very much as this is our vacation home.  Called Emerson and they said "Too Bad. "  I have read numerous reports such as this. We need to file a class action suit against them. Reply and lets get the ball moving.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerson-TV/Columbus-Ohio-/Emerson-TV-Bought-two-32-inch-TVs-on-black-friday-one-year-ago-Both-TVs-went-out-one-w-987033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerson TV

I just bought this TV from Wal-Mart

AUTHOR: Jenn - ()

Hello,

You can read hundreds upon hundreds of complaints about this TV brand.  The average life span of the TV seems to range from 15 hours to 6 months.  People are LUCKY if they get a full year.  Here are all the complaints:  http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/emerson_tv.html?page=2

I am interested in this case if anything should come out of it.  I just bought a 32" flat screen "Guaranteed In Stock" from Wal-Mart on Thursday and they ran out, so they gave me the raincheck to get my TV at a later date for the low price.  So today when I claimed it online I was informed I would be getting the Emerson brand instead.

After looking at reviews of this item, I am scared that I wasted my money.  I did buy a 2 year warranty from Wal-Mart, so I was told they will replace the TV if anything should happen to it.  And from what I have been reading, I only expect to get maybe 6 months of use out of this TV, and that's with watching only about 10 hours a week if I am lucky.

Emerson TV

AUTHOR: Bill - (United States of America)

An Emerson employee responds : What is your problem" The TV lasted a year. What do you expect. Well I most certainly do not expect to buy a $200 TV every year. And your organization has had numerous complaints on your product. Be responsible and fix your product and make good with your customers. You have customers that only used the Tv for a few months before it went out. It is clear you have a defective product and yes there is potential litigation on this as you have avoided your defective product for too long.

Emerson TV

AUTHOR: Bill - (United States of America)

It is called a defective product. Emerson is aware of these issues an continues to sell the defective product . They have had numerous complaints and chose to continue to sell this to the public knowing it will fail.

yes keep bob from irvine update

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

that way he and stacie can insult you. what bobby from irvine, kenny says you can't copy and paste nomore???

Class Action?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

They have a warranty for 1 year..it lasted just over 1 year.  They agreed to fix your TV is anything goes wrong within that year.  Not within that year...and then a few weeks.  So they are not legally obligated to do a single thing for you.   Perhaps you should take a look around at the reviews to keep yourself from this situation.

So what is your basis for a Class Action Lawsuit?  Is it because you didn't use your TV that much the 1 year warranty shouldn't apply to you?  So just how many extra months should you get?  1 Month..2 Months..Exactly as many months as you need before it goes out?

When you look for a lawyer, be sure to ask them the process what it takes to file a Class Action Lawsuit.  After they explain the process, I am sure that they will be more than willing to file the suit...well as long as you can come up with what will probably be a fairly significant retainer up front.

Also, when you file your Class Action Lawsuit be sure to update this post with your Court and Suit information so that we can all follow it.