Complaint Review: Empi Inc

599 Cardigan Road St. Paul, Minnesota United States of America

Empi Inc billing outrageous unfair charges St. Paul, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Outlaw, They have a bug spray for you

*Consumer Comment: righteous1 on the side of the ripoff co

*Consumer Comment: taxes arent fair, gaining bad rep isnt fair.

On Dec 5th, 2011 I went to the doctor complainting about low back pain. The doctor recommended to take home an Empi device to help relieve the pain. She sent her assistant with the device who explained me that he checked my insurance and the device was covered so I didn't have to pay anything for it. He opened the box and all the packages inside it, put it together and told me how to use it. He even told me that if I run out of batteries not to ordered through Empi, because there were very expensive, to just go to the store and get regular batteries. I took the device home and never used it, because you need to lay down in bed for 30 minutes and I never found time for that. Two months later I received a bill for $134.18 from Empi. I called inmediately and they said I have to return the item right away if I didn't want to get more charges. I put in the mail the next day. The charges were for the co-payment of the insurance includin usage (rent) and supplies (all the packages that the doctor's assistant opened).The total charges were $263.50 and the insurance paid $129.32 teh rest it was my responsability. I tryed to explain a manager in Empi what happened but they didn't care and send me to a collection agency. My credit score is of 780, I paid of my bills; but this one I'm not willing to pay. It's not fair!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empi-Inc/St-Paul-Minnesota-55123/Empi-Inc-billing-outrageous-unfair-charges-St-Paul-Minnesota-925019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empi Inc

Outlaw, They have a bug spray for you

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Now be a good bug and go hide in the dark. No one cares for your antagonism. You are 100% ignorant.

righteous1 on the side of the ripoff co

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

talk about 100% against consumers

taxes arent fair, gaining bad rep isnt fair.

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

But going to the county fair is fun! So get a grip, pay it or consider yourself in jeopardy of collection or a judgment. You deliberately choose to retain the product and NOT use it, that  was your poor choice. It was medically recommended and you couldnt find the time? Seriously get your head examined next time. If I rent a car for two months and let it sit in my drive way doesnt mean they don't get to charge me. Golly , try to understand its not their problem that you waited two months to return it. They provided the device and you ultimately neglected to pay up or return sooner. ALso, INSURANCE is not an automatic they will pay deal. 99% of the time its YOUR responisbility to pay for services rendered, if insurance pays partial, consider it a landmark action. They rarely want to pay out ...its sad.