Complaint Review: Empire Auto Group

• Reported By: mykidsdad2 — Billerica Massachusetts
Empire Auto Group
782 Gold Street Manchester, New Hampshire United States of America

Empire Auto Group EAG Auto Ripoff car sales Manchester, New Hampshire

*Consumer Comment: Why Did You Play Doormat?

Less than two years ago,(06/2011) my wife and I decided it was time to trade in our Ford Explorer. We have a handicapped child.My wife wanted a mini van, so that she could put his chair hi the back to take him to appointments..

After searching the Internet, I came across Empire. They had mini van that would meet my wife's requirements. We drove up to see it. It was priced on the web for $6995. It was a perfect vehicle for us. My wife drove it since she was going to be the primary driver.

We went inside Empire to discuss terms and financing. The first item they dropped on me was the price change. The price went from $6995 to $9995. I was told that the lower price was for wholesale and NOT retail customers.

Our credit was also challenged so they got us financed thru Credit Acceptance. i had to buy extended warranty or couldn't buy vehicle. My wife is now afraid to drive the van. The body of the minivan is starting to rust out. The warranty doesn't cover rust only mechanical.

I tried to trade it in. I was only offered ten percent of what I owe on it. I realize that I agreed to pay for this vehicle, but my families safety has to come first. My credit is going to take a big hit, however as a husband and father. My family is and always be the most important thing in my life.

Don't buy a vehicle from this dealer or finance thru Credit Acceptance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2013 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Auto-Group/Manchester-New-Hampshire-03103/Empire-Auto-Group-EAG-Auto-Ripoff-car-sales-Manchester-New-Hampshire-1039470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Auto Group

Why Did You Play Doormat?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You said you searched for a van which would meet your requirements and found one for a certain price.  Then you went to the dealership and magically the price went up several thousand dollars.  What then did you do?  You swallowed that line of BS and STAYED there to take even more!  Incredible!  Then, you swallowed hook, line and sinker this crap that you had to buy the expensive extended warranty!

What else...you seem to indicate their placing you with a subprime lender was a surprise as if you are certain you have good credit and maybe you do.  Why did you even stay there and give them a chance to screw you even more when you saw what they did with the price?  They did all these things TO YOU and you just stayed there and REWARDED THEM with their profit!

You should have WALKED OUT when they added $3000 to the price!  Next time, take somebody with you who knows what they are doing and who has a backbone to stand up for you because quite obviously you don't.  Did they rip you off?  Hell yes!  Did they lie to you about needing a warranty to obtain financing (which is illegal)?  Absolutely!  But you stayed there, hat in hand and played doormat and told them to do all these things to you.  Get yourself a backbone!!!