Complaint Review: Empire Carpet (Empire Today LLC)

• Submitted: Tue, December 22, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 07, 2010

• Reported By: Maureen — Strongsville Ohio United States of America
Empire Carpet (Empire Today LLC)
9040 Dutton Drive Twinsburg, Ohio United States of America

Empire Carpet (Empire Today LLC) Salesman completely mislead me to make a sale. Twinsburg, Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

I wanted a HARDWOOD floor installed in my dining room to replace some older carpeting.  My dining room adjoins the big hallway/entryway to my home.  This area (hallway) already had a nice hardwood floor and I wanted to match the wood since the rooms are adjacent to each other.  The previous owners had left a half-full box of unused flooring in the basement. The floor was from Mannington.  When the Empire salesman came over, I brought some of the wood up to show him what I wanted. He kept telling me that these pieces were not "hardwood" at all and were not the same floor as the hallway. I disagreed.  You could see that they matched perfectly.  I asked him "Why would the owners leave an opened box of "random" flooring in the basement?" He said he had no idea why, but no way was this hallway floor hardwood.

Later, he talked me into getting a "fake -type" wood floor that only somewhat matched the hallway.  Against my better judgment (and being easily intimidated)I agreed. It was nicely installed, but I have never enjoyed it because it looks totally mismatched to the other floor in the adjacent hallway.

A year or so later when I was cleaning the basement I came across that box again.  This time I read it more carefully. It most definitely was a HARDWOOD floor and you can see the difference in the two floors. I feel the salesman completely lied to me - probably because that company doesn't carry Mannington- just to make a sale. He had no regard for my feelings and he probably knew it wasn't going to look that great.

Sign me - older and wiser.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2009 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Carpet-Empire-Today-LLC/Twinsburg-Ohio-44087/Empire-Carpet-Empire-Today-LLC-Salesman-completely-mislead-me-to-make-a-sale-Twinsburg-543649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Carpet (Empire Today LLC)

Company Response

AUTHOR: Empire - (U.S.A.)

Empire Today is currently researching your concerns. We always want to ensure that you have the best possible experience, and a customer care team member will contact you directly within one business day to work toward a resolution.  Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Sincerely,